KoAloha's website

Skinny Money McGee

Reaction score
Whats up with KoAloha's website? It's been hosed for a couple of weeks now it seems. None of the links work. I know they were talking about doing some work on the website, but normally one would have a new website fully built, then take the old one off line and put the new one online at the same time so there is no down time.

The website is their world wide store front or business card if you will. Seems strange they would let this happen. "404 Page Not Found" doesn't seem like good business to me.

Their website has been like that for years. I personally couldn't care less, because their instruments and customer service are the best around, in my opinion. But yeah, if you're looking for info about a certain product, your best bet is probably to call or email them. To me, the quality of their instruments and their lifetime better-than-the-weather warranty trumps the fact that their website stinks. Haha, but that's just me, because I know others have differing opinions. To each their own.

Last edited:
Their website has been like that for years. I personally couldn't care less, because their instruments and customer service are the best around, in my opinion. But yeah, if you're looking for info about a certain product, your best bet is probably to call or email them.

Their website worked fine a couple of weeks ago, and so did their email

Well then I obviously don't know what I'm talking about. Haha. Pardon me and apologies.

I have been getting 404 errors where I had not in prior months.

I have been getting 404 errors where I had not in prior months.

I guess that's what confused me, because I always remember those 404 errors on all over their website, although I admit I haven't visited it in quite a while. Maybe someone could post their website. I have it somewhere but wouldn't even know where to begin to look for it.

the website was working fine three or four weeks ago, back then i was about to purchase my first Koaloha and did a lot of research and comparing and, in the process, browsed pretty much their whole website, and it all worked fine: instrument pages, company history, whatever.
since roughly two weeks though, all the pages have been replaced with 404 messages, even the customer service / contact us pages. not a bit of information left.

yeah i had the same problem no information left...

If someone got their Email can he post it?

It's been working for years. But, it looks like it it's under construction. Every click takes me to the home page. They are going through a lot of changes. I've been trying to get them to build a custom uke for me for about six months. Every time I call, the person they told me to contact is in Taiwan. I guess they go in shifts. It feels to me like they are completely disregarding Koaloha for Koalana. I hope it's temporary.

It's been working for years. But, it looks like it it's under construction. Every click takes me to the home page. They are going through a lot of changes. I've been trying to get them to build a custom uke for me for about six months. Every time I call, the person they told me to contact is in Taiwan. I guess they go in shifts. It feels to me like they are completely disregarding Koaloha for Koalana. I hope it's temporary.

I hope it's temporary too. A good webmaster will always have a new or updated site ready and tested before taking the old one offline. It's literally as easy as changing the name of a file to switch between the two.

It's a pretty majorly broken site right now - it's never been up to date that I can recall but it's definitely broken big-time, now.

It might be something pretty simple to fix, though. Looks like they're using a cgi to drive the site from a database, most likely and it looks like maybe the database is offline or there is a typo in the cgi code.

Not really acceptable these days. Love their service and love my KoAloha but this is a case where they simply need to pay some pros to run the site for them - they are too big a company to go mickey-mouse on the web in this day and age. Probably better to have a completely static site with a "contact us" page than something as broken as this...

John

Are you sure it wasn't Thailand? Some of their luthiers were in Thailand for a long while setting up Koalana. It looked like from the Instagram feed (and this could be wrong), that those guys were still also building the red label customs as well.

Prices on KoAlohas rise sharply, cheap KoAlanas dethrone the koa models at three times the price, KoAloha Red Labels flood the high end Hawaii retailers at two to three thousand bucks for a lizard inlay and different colored paper label, and the website goes down without explanation.

Isn't this what happened to the Romans at the end of the Empire? Or, am I thinking of the Mastodons at the end of the Ice Age?

For what it's worth, the Kamaka and Kanilea website are more spectacular than ever. I'm just sayin'...

Last edited:
I bet somewhere in the world there's a website building genius wishing he had a good ukulele. Now's your chance! Phone: 808-847-4911

Top Bottom