My acoustic pick-up's sticky pad won't stick anymore.

nmelcher

Reaction score
I did a search and couldn't find anything about this particular topic, so...

I have a $20 acoustic pick-up which sticks on to the outer body of the uke (or guitar). However, the sticky pad just doesn't want to stick anymore. I've taken it on and off, only using it when I need it and that appears to have taken the life out of the sticky pad. I've tried double-sided tape, but I think the pad is too heavy for it because it still comes off. I've thought of using that 'styrofoamy' double-sided tape that's thicker but I wonder if the pick-up would wouldn't be as effective; maybe the difference would be negligible.

I wonder if anyone has tips on how to make the pad stick again without losing any of it's ability to pick-up sound.

Advice to get something new and fancy (and expensive) is appreciated, but my pocketbook dictates I find a way to repair what I have, thanks. :)

We used the blue poster stick up stuff that comes in little bars. Works great, and is lot less messy than the original sticky stuff.

Of course, we don't use our stick-on anymore since Rich installed a Mi-Si pickup in my favorite ukulele...

Top Bottom