Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilUSAFRet

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Decided to kill this one

Last edited:
Yowza!!! Poor ukulele... I mean, poor woman ;)

It's touching to read about our sympaties for the 'poor uke'...
but what about the 'poor woman'?

Oh well, priorities :)

keep uke'in',

I have a beater uke, but I don't use it to harm anyone..

I know no one intended anything with this thread, but I still have to ask myself if it has a place here. This is an article about domestic violence. Posted on a ukulele forum. Purely for contextual reasons, I feel like I'm being asked to divert my attention away from the real problem (a man beating up a woman) to a comparatively inconsequential problem (the uke). I cannot look at this article through a uke-lover's eyes, and still see anything worth making light of. Domestic abuse is domestic abuse--the implement is inconsequential.

It's not the first news account like this I have seen posted here. I think we can agree our ukes should be used for good, not evil.

I know no one intended anything with this thread, but I still have to ask myself if it has a place here. This is an article about domestic violence. Posted on a ukulele forum. Purely for contextual reasons, I feel like I'm being asked to divert my attention away from the real problem (a man beating up a woman) to a comparatively inconsequential problem (the uke). I cannot look at this article through a uke-lover's eyes, and still see anything worth making light of. Domestic abuse is domestic abuse--the implement is inconsequential.

Good point, glad you brought it up. You are absolutely right IMHO.

Tina makes a very real and fair point. I agree...struggling to see this thread going anywhere good. Lets tread VERY warily eh folks...

It's the internet. People tend to be *far* less tactful than they would be in real life and dump whatever they think is clever that might be on their mind at the time. Considering no one probably knows these people personally or the circumstances of their relationship doesn't help either.

Last edited:
Tina makes a very real and fair point. I agree...struggling to see this thread going anywhere good. Lets tread VERY warily eh folks...

Nicely done new moderator:)

As OP has removed his initial post, gonna close this now...cheers all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom