I am EXPECTING! Uke-asound Pictures!!!

Mim

Reaction score
Ok, I have been playing and dealing ukes for far too long to not have already taken the plunge and ordered my own custom uke. But I was waiting for the right uke, the right build, the right feel, and it just to be something unique that I would love!

Then... I saw the new Imua ukes. The Hawaiian made brand from Big Island. Love the feel, love the sound, it is just what I have been wanting. So I talked to Jorma and told him I wanted a little something differant. And he could smell what the Mim was cooking up and said he would pick out the wood for me. He even described what kind of wood he thought I would like before I even told him!!!

I hinted that I might would love some progress pictures! And he came though!

So without further ado... here are my Uke-asound pictures! Just as if I am an expectant parent, I have been excitedly showing them to people whether that want to see them or not! Just as people look at ultrasounds and sometimes can not tell what it is, already I have had people give me a look and say, "Ummm... ok... nice!" I start saying things like Premium Curly non-bookmatched Koa picked out by Jorma himself and people just nod and smile! Hahaha!

So I needed to share with those who would appreciate! LOOK! LOOK closely! When it is done it is going to be a wavy, quilty, amazing little monster of a ukulele for MEEEEEE!!! Finally!

2012-10-05170515.jpg

2012-10-05170802.jpg

2012-10-22143427.jpg

2012-10-22143439.jpg

Holy moly, that is going to be one spectacular soprano M. Jorma really came thru with wood choice. Can't wait for the next uke-asound photos. Is there a time line?

Wow Mim, excited for you too. That's gonna be a stunner..........................

Congratulations, looks like it's going to be a real beauty.

Awwwww.....Sopranos are so tiny when they are born.

Aloha Mim,
woo hoo Congratulations on your new build...thought you were having an addition to your family....um I mean UKE family....hee hee thank you for sharing the awesome peekchas...
keep us updated on them....

Absolutely gorgeous! That is gonna be a beautiful baby. Congratulations Mim! :)

Aloha Mim,
woo hoo Congratulations on your new build...thought you were having an addition to your family....um I mean UKE family....hee hee thank you for sharing the awesome peekchas...
keep us updated on them....

Hahaha! UKE FAMILY ONLY!!! No more kiddos! 7 is a lucky number for kids, so no more human kiddos for the Mimmo!!!

But I have been waiting to get "my uke". I have my first Kala Spruce/Flame Maple and my first Eleuke, but my other ukes are good, like my tenor sounds amazing (cedar rosewood), but I am not a tenor girl. And since I knew I was a soprano girl I was not going to commit to a nicer soprano until I found exactly what I wanted and could get something special. I get attached and my ukes get memories attached, so one they are mine, they are mine. So I wanted it to be exactly what I wanted. So, I play my Ohana SK-10BL... which I do so love, but it is my beater. But I am excited for MY UKE!

Will be thinking of a name for him. May wait until he gets here :)

And I have always seen people post their new uke pics and though I am a dealer, I have not had a new uke day since I got my first uke. So excited to have the great reveal and baby pictures!!!

Wow mim that is AMAZING wavy koa wood!! Congratulations!! Looking forward to more pictures!!

That is beautiful wood! I can't wait to see the finished product!

She's going to be a beauty!

To veer momentarily off-thread: one of my uke-clubbers bought her SK-25 from you, Mim, and we can't meet without her mentioning how much she loves the uke and how much she appreciated your help. Cheers for that.

Congrats, Mim! What a lovely grain on that wood!

COngrats Mim... Looks like it's going to be gorgeous..Keep sharing the photos.. must be exciting as a dealer to be expecting the perfect uke for yourself.. one you get to keep! Happy for you!

COngrats Mim... Looks like it's going to be gorgeous..Keep sharing the photos.. must be exciting as a dealer to be expecting the perfect uke for yourself.. one you get to keep! Happy for you!

THIS! Hahaha! It is funny to be surrounded by uke, but have uke envy. But I felt like I needed to "earn" the uke I wanted and then once I got to that point I was kind of waiting for it to be something that was very "me".

I will post more pics. My Imua order is coming next week, but mine should be a little behind it. When those come in, I will post pics, because I am sure those will be just as hot as well :) Like art in wood with music and balance, and boy is this gonna be a fun order to get in!

Top Bottom