FS - Black Bear Koa Soprano with Uke Crazy Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telperion

Reaction score
SOLD - Black Bear Koa Soprano with Uke Crazy Case

SOLD
Greetings. This here is the last of the ukuleles I will be selling for the foreseeable future. Again, I'm selling this purely for budgetary reasons. This one is a beautiful koa Black Bear soprano ukulele with a brand new Kala UC-S featherlight hardshell case. It's an easy player, great intonation, and a great rich koa sound. This uke is number 430, and was completed 7/20/2012. The body is constructed of 40 year old koa. The neck is some very cool wormy mango, which really adds to the character. The straight friction pegs work great and it stays nicely in tune. Bone nut and saddle, double white rings for rosette. It remains exactly as Duane Heilman set it up, with Worth Browns, nice low action - very clean player. I'm asking $SOLD, which includes the uke, the Kala case, shipping to CONUS, and PayPal fees.

I'm thankful to have had the opportunity to have this instrument in my house for a couple of months. It's given me the chance to play one of Duane's ukes, and I can certainly say I'm impressed with his work. There area a lot of cookie cutter ukes out there on the market, but this one has a definite character of its own. It looks and feels unique.

Thanks for looking, and please ask any questions you may have.

-Steve

front 1.jpgfront 2.jpgback.jpgback 2.jpgdown the neck.jpg

Last edited:
More pics. I didn't think I would get this listed before midnight, so my sign actually has tomorrow's date (10-24-12). Is using a photo from the future a violation of the selling rules?

label.jpgtuning pegs.jpgKala Case.jpgUU Sign.jpg

Oh man!

I had one of these -- #428 if I remember correctly -- and while the koa tone wasn't for me, it was beautifully built.

Duane is a great craftsman; somebody's going to get a beauty. Good fair deal, too.

Good luck with the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom