waverly tuners guitar or ukulele style?

MARCOVGV

Reaction score
I need tuners for three ukuleles. I am in love with the look of waverlys and i have used them before good product.

they now make a ukulele specific product. although some Luthiers still prefer using the guitar tuner on their ukeleles anyways. the specs are below. really what changes is the post length and thickness on the guitar tuner is longer/ thicker and it is "tapered" which in my eyes is more pleasing to the eye.

the one pro the ukulele tuner has is the curly koa knobs, looks real nice. price is the same for both for 12 tuners...which ones would you guys go for or have experience with? input please !!!

ukulele
waverlyukulele_zps9cfd4757.gif

guitar
waverlyguitar_zpsb1b8da40.gif

They're not really ukulele tuners - virtually not difference in post height. Better specs on Grover & Gotoh...

Better pricing too! Last time I looked the Waverly's were spendy!!

I have Waverly tuners on one of my rezos and won't use them again. They're just not that good IMO

All the dimensions are not there..But I recon you'll need a Max headstock thickness of Aprox: 14.5mm

I have played instruments with Gotoh mini 510 i liked the feel and look of them. they were smooth. I have grovers on a taylor guitar i think, and i find the gotoh 510s nicer.

Better pricing too! Last time I looked the Waverly's were spendy!!

I have Waverly tuners on one of my rezos and won't use them again. They're just not that good IMO

regarding the waverly ukulele tuners info from stewmacs site
String posts are 1.01" x .236"-diameter brass (25.7mm x 6.0mm) to fit solid ukulele pegheads up to 9/16" (14.3mm) thick.

All the dimensions are not there..But I recon you'll need a Max headstock thickness of Aprox: 14.5mm

At my office i happen to have 3 ukes i put a caliper to the headstock. never noticed how much these vary. and from side to side they also vary in thickness funny never would have noticed.

koaloha scepter tenor 14.01mm
kpk tenor 12.33 mm
oscar schmidt tenor 14.93mm

Last edited:
9/16" is quite chunky for anything but a tenor and even then it is still far too thick. Get Gotohs or Grover and you can go down to 10mm - 11mm... much more sensible dimension.

9/16" is a max headstock thickness that can be used with these tuners..

9/16" is quite chunky for anything but a tenor and even then it is still far too thick. Get Gotohs or Grover and you can go down to 10mm - 11mm... much more sensible dimension.

Top Bottom