MiSi Acoustic Trio Guitar vs. Ukulele P/U systems

ukulelecowboy

Reaction score
Interesting. Especially since I just ordered one from Mainland Ukes this morning. I did notice that the "guitar" version in the link you provided says it's excellent for ukulele!

Mi-Si pickup systems

I recently purchased the Mi-Si pickup system from Mainland Ukes and had questions about the differences in the two systems shown on the Elderly site. The guitar system that Mainland & Elderly sell has a longer wire from the jack to the undersaddle pickup which I was told is actually easier to pull through the uke's smaller body. The new system designed specifically for the Uke and advertised on the Elderly site has a shorter wire but the pickup itself is identical to the guitar Mi- Si. The only conflict I had was that my KoAloha Sceptre has black tuners and the new uke pickup at Elderly has a dark pewter-like finish that, to me, matches the hardware better than the chrome on the guitar pickup from Mainland. I solved my dilemma by ordering an accessory strap button in the pewter finish from Elderly and added it to the one I already had purchased from Mainland. The actual install went well ( the drilling of the 1/2 inch hole is a bit traumatic if you haven't done it before) except for the threading of the pickup wire through the small hole drilled in the saddle, which is tricky. There are excellent videos on YouTube that step you through the process, so with some patience the install will go smooth. I plug my KoAloha into a Roland MicroCube amp and am pleased with the sound when using the mic or British stack settings. Hope my experience can shed some light on the Mi-Si pickups.

Last edited:
Isn't the UST for the guitar model longer in relation to the ukulele version? If that's the case, you would have to cut the transducer for the guitar model to fit the bridge slot on the Uke. Just my two cents....

Isn't the UST for the guitar model longer in relation to the ukulele version? If that's the case, you would have to cut the transducer for the guitar model to fit the bridge slot on the Uke. Just my two cents....

Not really. Actually the entire transducer is flexible and you simply fit the saddle slot and run the remainder down into the cavity of the instrument. In fact, the images posted on the MiSi website for the ukulele version and the guitar version are identical.

Top Bottom