Is ukebox.fr DEAD?

Pleasure Paul

Reaction score
Hi all,
anyone knows of a problem with ukebox.fr? I ordered & paid a uke, got an email "order being processed", waited 1 1/2 month, no uke, asked for a refund, sent 3 emails, got no answers.
Paul

I remember reading a similar thread recently about someone ordering a uke from them and still not receiving it after several months. Something is definitely up if one more person is having problems with them. Don't know if they're in a massive back-order situation and don't have the decency to inform their costumers about it, or if they simply closed down and didn't bother to shut their website.
If it's any help, I once ordered hair accessories from an online dealer that had secretly closed down their business but were still taking people's orders and money. After 3 months of total silence and still no products in my mailbox, I printed out my emails together with a few testimonies I found online from other people who had been having the same problem, then I sent everything to my bank and they cancelled the whole transaction. Ask your bank about your purchasing protection or how do they call it.
Good luck!

I had to wait two months... Communication was almost impossible and I've sent several angry emails.
There is another thread about the problems with Ukebox.fr. Have you got his email address? If not, I can give it to you. Good luck!

I checked the German and French Forums for more information. On the German forum, there is only one experience of someone needing to return something and it taking a while for the website to get back, but they were able to make the return. On the French Forum, there is a heated and (from my limited french) now closed thread: http://www.ukulele.fr/forum/index.php?topic=8588.0 The first posts are from 2010 and are fairly glowing, but it gets bad towards the present posts.

Anyone with a bit of French care to give us a summary?

Ok I've read the french thread (thanks MisterRios!) and in short people were extremely satisfied with them and praising them for top-notch service for about 2 years (thread started in 2010) until last summer when lots of people started complaining about them being unreliable: having to wait for months to get their orders (one of them waited for 7 months and still got nothing), receiving bags that didn't fit with their ukes, not getting reimbursed when cancelling their orders or returning items, paying express delivery and getting the uke after a very long time, or even getting used string packs instead of new ones etc. They say the seller often wouldn't reply to their attempts to contact him, so they were furious (one said he had left 15 phone messages and sent 10 emails). Then earlier this month, people start posting satisfied comments again but other people are still having bad experiences. It seems originally there were more complaints on the thread but the moderator kept the ones that seemed genuine and coming from people who had directly dealt with them.

It seems that the store constantly has problems with back-orders but still keeps unavailable models on their catalogues. Basically, I think they're selling people ukes they don't have. Which is ok if you know a stock is coming soon, but not when their production has stopped and there's no way to ever get them again. Seems both cases are happening here. Sometimes they still do nice gestures such as sending a more expensive uke with no extra cost. When they reply they are pleasant and blame their computing system, but they don't reply much. Main problem is the lack of communication, it seems. They won't tell you when a product is out of stock and won't reply much to emails (or phone calls, or text messages) for whatever reason.

Some people said it could be that every single person who had ever had problems with them ganged up on the thread and that satisfied costumers remained silent. Could be. Still not a very good business practice IMO. They owe their costumers better communication. There's enough really good online-sellers around not to have to deal with unreliable ones like this one. Best to avoid them I think personally. Looks like they started really well but got off-tracks after a while. Maybe they got overwhelmed and didn't manage to deal with it? Such a shame.

Someone said they were successful in contacting them when going into their account to edit their order and leaving a message in the comment window though. Might be worth a try?

Good luck!

Hi all, thanks for your replies, showing there's a indeed a problem with ukebox.fr

I ordered a Firefly banjo uke. The green "add to cart" button was on, indicating the product was in stock (some other products do not show this green button).

Then I got this mail:
"Unfortunately, one or more items on your order #5443 are currently out of stock. This may cause a slight delay in delivery. Please accept our apologies and rest assured that we are working hard to rectify this."

I mailed to cancel the order, as my reason for choosing ukebox.fr was the very fact that the product was in stock.

Then I got an automatic mail, ignoring the wish indicated in my previous email:
"we are processing your order"

I concluded we weren't talking and replied:

"please answer my mail"

Ukebox replied, in a non automatic mail:
"your order is ready to ship, no problem !"

This was 1 1/2 month ago

So...... no matter how good the uke will be, if it ever arrives, it will be associated with these problems. I guess I will check if PayPal if the money can be returned.

Yes, I'd rather talk about music!

Thanks guys for replying!
Paul

Good luck mate! The 1 1/2 month delay in spite of their "order ready to ship" reply and of the normal estimated delivery time within the EU just being a few days at most, should definitely be enough reason for Paypal to cancel your transaction I reckon.

Hi all, thanks for your replies, showing there's a indeed a problem with ukebox.fr

I ordered a Firefly banjo uke. The green "add to cart" button was on, indicating the product was in stock (some other products do not show this green button).

I ordered my firefly in the end of july, and received it 5 day's after ordering.

There was an issue with the free shipping not being discounted. Received an answer in 2 hours by mail. Lucky me, this time.

I hope you have yours soon :mad:

News.
I just got an email from ukebox.fr
Tibo offered me the choice between shipment and refund.
I chose refund. The money was immediately transferred back through PayPal.
They apologized and offered a €20 gift code.
All this could be coincidence, but still I have to thank the forum!
Paul

Nice save!
There are several online stores that are trustworthy and offer excellent service. Like the Southern Ukullele Store, Musique83 and Mercatino dell'Ukulele.

Glad to hear things turned out ok in the end! :)

Top Bottom