My Mainland Baritone with JJB 200 Passed Muster

OldePhart

Reaction score
Was fooling around in my office this afternoon, playing some soft stuff with a lot of Maj7 chords through my tube amp (I installed the pickups primarily for recording but wanted to see how it did live). Anyway, I was kind of blown away by how good it was sounding through that tube amp.

(My other ukes don't sound as good through it - it's got way too much bass response for the higher-tuned instruments and gets a lot of "thud" that is difficult to EQ out.)

My wife stuck her head in and said "that sounds really nice!" Now, coming from my wife, anything I do that involves an amplifier is very, very unlikely to be described by her as "nice" - now all I have to do is decide if she actually recognized good tone when she heard it or if she just likes Maj7 chords... :)

John

Respect on pleasing the better half, I've noticed lately mine hasn't been so harsh, (but still hates it when it's the same passage over and over)

Any ukes left without pickup's?

And what are you running them through as a preamp?

Cheers

Cliff

Last edited:
Yeah, Maj7s are unusual and nice. You might have been icing the cake, John.

Know what you mean, Cliff. A lot of my playing and ALL of my practice/drills take place when she's in the shower!

Doug

Top Bottom