Kamoa 700 T or 500 T ???

Gforeman

Reaction score
I haven't heard back from Sam about my Kamoa dead note problem, but if it has to be replaced, do you think going to a 700 T is worth the difference?

Just knocking around ideas in case I need to seek a replacement.

I can't remember if I tried a 700 T while I was there.

I haven't heard back from Sam about my Kamoa dead note problem, but if it has to be replaced, do you think going to a 700 T is worth the difference?

Just knocking around ideas in case I need to seek a replacement.

I can't remember if I tried a 700 T while I was there.

I thought the only difference was with the figured wood?l

I spoke to Samuel at Kamoa today. The 500 T I sent back with the dead note can't be fixed. I asked about the 700 T and he said it may be prettier, but the 500 T will have the better tone. I remember now, I did try the 700 in the store and came to the same conclusion. He has promised to hand pick me a new 500 T. I trust Samuel.

I spoke to Samuel at Kamoa today. The 500 T I sent back with the dead note can't be fixed. I asked about the 700 T and he said it may be prettier, but the 500 T will have the better tone. I remember now, I did try the 700 in the store and came to the same conclusion. He has promised to hand pick me a new 500 T. I trust Samuel.

Makes sense.

I think I remember him saying the 500 series is spruce and the 700 series is figured maple.

I had a 500 series 2012 soprano. Not even in the same ballpark as Koaloha or Kamaka. Yet, price is close. Not the same, but at least for a soprano, about 100 bucks apart.

Top Bottom