Taimane - Ukulele Dance

AndrewKuker

Reaction score
Just got a delivery from Mountain Apple and I have been really enjoying the new TAIMANE CD called 'UKULELE DANCE. Good job girl!
Check this out guys- Samples are at the bottom of this link but not sure if it is on itunes yet. CD pack comes with an extra DVD anyway. I remember when she and her dad would come over to Ko'olau many years ago. She's always been great. Glad she kept to her dreams, give her some love and buy a CD!

I am gonna do a listing for it so I put up a sample of one of the songs, .stairway to Beethovan? there's a lot of fresh music on this album.

Aloha Andrew,
Howzit bruddah..mahalo plenty for the heads up on Taimane....Went to HMS last week...and saw Mike...wish you was there...
Yes I like Taimanes playing, so full and complex..... glad Mountain Apple have her under their label....BTW Love Mountain apples..Yums
Did I ever tell you I called you on your opening day at HMS, hee hee and you picked up the phone??? MM

Wow, thanks for sharing. Some clean picking, awesome sounding uke too. Might be a good stocking stuffer.

Aloha Andrew,
Howzit bruddah..mahalo plenty for the heads up on Taimane....Went to HMS last week...and saw Mike...wish you was there...
Yes I like Taimanes playing, so full and complex..... glad Mountain Apple have her under their label....BTW Love Mountain apples..Yums
Did I ever tell you I called you on your opening day at HMS, hee hee and you picked up the phone??? MM

Awww, man, Mike has all the fun! actually he's been out the past few days sick so I've been up at the store.

I should go back to the video footage from last week and get a nice freeze frame of the MM! Haha jis kidding, Hawaiian Mafia might be lurking. They know about your uke love :D

Thanks for the samples Andrew! I'm liking it! Humm, might be worth the price of shipping. What's the bonus CD? Her older album?

I found her Ukulele Dance on iTunes but not released till Oct 30. Let the wait begin. :)

Last edited:
That is, as we say, a "must". Thank you, Andrew, for making me aware of it. Oct 30, on the calendar for iTunes.

I wish her overseas CD, the one with "Don't Worry Baby", would be released in the USA or on iTunes. It's a fab video, too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zva-gdL-8eE

Yep, definitely going to have to order that. Long story short, one of Taimane's videos was literally my introduction to "real" ukulele (all of my previous knowledge of ukulele coming via Tiny Tim on "Laugh In"). Ukulele wasn't even on my radar at the time. I was learning mandolin and followed a YouTube link to a "amazing mandolin street player" or something like that. It was one of her vids when she was in her early teens and, of course, it was ukulele not mandolin.

I didn't jump in immediately but a few weeks later, when my granddaughter started showing interest in my guitars I remembered that video and thought, "hey a ukulele would be perfect for her" (even now, a few years later, her hands are too small even for a 3/4 size guitar, she is small for her age). Anyway, my granddaughter lost interest after a few weeks but now I haven't touched my guitars hardly at all since the first of many ukes arrived on my doorstep. :)

So, while I've enjoyed the videos of many a fine player on YouTube since, Taimane gets full credit for first bringing the ukulele to my attention as a "real instrument."

And...it doesn't hurt any that she's really easy on the eyes, too... :)

John

That is, as we say, a "must". Thank you, Andrew, for making me aware of it. Oct 30, on the calendar for iTunes.

I wish her overseas CD, the one with "Don't Worry Baby", would be released in the USA or on iTunes. It's a fab video, too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zva-gdL-8eE

Cool! Haven't seen that one before. :)

First time I saw Taimane play was on The Golf Channel. They had that travel show where they visit golf courses and they did a Hawaii episode with her playing in the background scenes.

She is crazy good. Nice to develop such a great style.

Taimane is awesome. Been a fan for a long time. Wishing her much success. Thanks for the heads up.

I really dig the collaboration with the freeks&geeks.
Firespinning=awesome; uke=awesome; uke+firespinning=awesome^3

Top Bottom