Question about Kanile'a Serial Number

Linho

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I'm about to order a Kanile'a Tatoo Tenor. I played one two months ago in San Francisco and was absolutely stoked.

Since I have to order online I asked the shop to send me pictures of the exact ukuleles that are in stock. The friendly staff send me pictures included the serial number, e.g.:

0811-6806

My question is, what does the serial number mean? 0811 means it is produced in August last year? Or is it just a "nonspeaking" number?

Thanks,
Linho

P.S.: Please tell me I have to order it. I'm not quite sure yet, it's a lot of money for me. ;)

Thanks. And the 6806? Is this a consecutive numbering so that's the 6806th Kanilea Ukulele ever built? Wait, probably more the 6806th Kanilea Tatoo Tenor? Or Is it the 6806th Ukulele Kanile'a built in 2011? I'm just curious.

Last edited:
I see no one has replied to this thread for a while. I have a custom K-1 T serial number 0612-8040. If the last 4 numbers are a consecutive numbering of all instruments, that would be about 88 a month. Which, based on the video of their shop, seems possible. Can someone with more intimate knowledge of the Kanilea shop comment on that?

Duk

Top Bottom