Craigslist Hawaii...anybody got deep pockets for custom Kamaka

Gee Stan - that does seem a bit pricey for the US - maybe if it was in the uk and the original buyer had paid 6/700 USD import fees and shipping.... I would still like to see pictures though!

What would be a reasonable price for something like this? Not for me, but curious

Better be a Jake model for that price. Doubt it is.

A Jake model on the second hand market is going for more like 10k, FYI. If they are selling Ohta Sans, which aren't even custom, for 2k, then it wouldn't surprise me if Kamaka were selling real customs for something closer to 3k

Better be a Jake model for that price. Doubt it is.

A Jake model on the second hand market is going for more like 10k, FYI. If they are selling Ohta Sans, which aren't even custom, for 2k, then it wouldn't surprise me if Kamaka were selling real customs for something closer to 3k

For that guys asking price you could get a nice new semi custom. I don't think they are currently doing full customs except maybe for a few celebrity Kamaka players. I am aware of the Jake model pricing. I was on the original lottery for one and I wasn't picked. Paying Kamaka 3K for a full custom would seem a lot more reasonable than buying someone else's for $3,500.

"ebony head plate with mother of pearl decal" :boggle:

What kind of $3500 "custom" uke has a decal on the head stock? For that price it had better darned-well be inlay...

John

anyone request pics of this thing. im interested to see what this looks like

At least now there's a photo. It's a pretty uke, but I'm extremely happy with the Kamakas I already own. I agree with you, Stan, that it still seems to be overpriced. Perhaps the seller is trying to cash in on the rarity of a Kamaka that looks like this one.

depends on which year it made, after 2010 I would say the price is close to a new custom one(2400 if you upgrade to 3A wood).

ha ha big drop from 3500.oo still I'd rather get a new one...It seems that the person who is selling it does not know much about ukes...
maybe a reasonable price is between 1750- 2000 on this uke to me...at least.. but then again it's not me to say or my uke.

hey Stan, is it such a bad price? I noticed that the deluxe Kamaka sopranos are selling at over $1600...this one seems comparable given that it's a tenor scale? Lovely looking instrument though mate and thanks for always keeping your ear to the ground and letting us know what's out there Bruddah :)

Aloha Bruddah Jon,
I know the new custom Kamakas are really a hard sell for thr price...I guess it's a small group of people who can afford to pay for it or willing to pay that price.... won't go much into that publically though bruddah.. yes it's a used uke and not even sure how old it is and condition, sound and playability is why I quoted it there...not trying to bum the seller out too...shoots

Last edited:
hey Stan, is it such a bad price? I noticed that the deluxe Kamaka sopranos are selling at over $1600...this one seems comparable given that it's a tenor scale? Lovely looking instrument though mate and thanks for always keeping your ear to the ground and letting us know what's out there Bruddah :)

Original listed price was $3,500. He has reduced it some now. That may be the confusion.
Now deleted by seller.

Top Bottom