FS: Ken Timms Martin Style "O"

bahama.blue

Reaction score
Please note:
I've uploaded some new photos, trying to show the areas that makes this a "second". As Ken says below, most wouldn't notice it. The most noticeable to me is the strings don't lie perfectly over the sound hole. The G has a small space between it and leading edge of the hole. The A is directly above (really just inside) the edge of the hole. One photo catches this pretty good.
I closed the previous ad since I didn't think to include photos of the areas that might be of a concern. I'm fairly new to UU, but for reference I refer you to my Ebay feedback under the same user name as here: bahama.blue
FS: Ken Timms Martin Style "0" . Excellent Condition with less than 10 hrs of playing time. No scratches, dings, etc. Mostly finger picked, no strums marks.
Ken's (hope you don't mind Ken) own words concerning this particular instrument.
I have tried to reproduce the main features of the classic Martin Style "0" made in the years between 1920 to 1950's....Solid Mahogany Body and one piece back front and Neck ... "Ebony" fretboard with Mother of Pearl marker dots (The original Style 0 fretboard was Rosewood with Ivoroid dots)...Martin Spec: Dovetail Neck Joint.... ...Arched Back....Ebony Saddle and Nut....Finish is Hand rubbed in Shellac/French Polish (Aimed to give that Vintage Look ) ...Fitted with Aquila Strings and Quality Tuners
His comments...."Factory Second" that is if I owned a factory...Whats wrong with it? I hear you ask..Not a lot! it sounds and plays great nice action and all that stuff...but! somehow it ended up with the neck slightly out to the body centre line and the bridge had to be moved across by approx: 3mm to make the strings fall in line with the neck..You wouldn't know if it wasn't pointed out to you.
I'm no expert on uke building, but did read here on UU Builders Forum that Ken's acceptable tolerances for building "1st" is commendable compared to some other builders.
For me it plays great, sounds great, looks fantastic. Need funding for a resonator. For your approval, I'll offer a 3 day trial period (ask pay return shipping). $400 shipped to the lower 48. Thank you.

Attachments

• P1060901.JPG
    P1060901.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 87
  • P1060898.JPG
    P1060898.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 66
  • P1060895.JPG
    P1060895.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 54
More Photos

These should help show the areas that make this Timms a "second"
* strings spacing over sound hole
* bridge placement
* strings over fretboard
* neck joint

Attachments

• P1070449.JPG
    P1070449.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 86
  • P1070451.JPG
    P1070451.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 85
  • P1070450.JPG
    P1070450.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 72
  • P1070456.jpg
    P1070456.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 66
Stunning little uke! I can't believe it hasn't sold yet...

Nice looking ukulele. I have one just like it and it gets the most play. Actually, I can't put it down. When I received mine the action was too low for my playing so Ken sent me some different size saddles. Not bad at all!

Top Bottom