Eddy Finn Banjolele Soprano

1937Scott

Reaction score
Well,

I spent some time (working) in Tri-Cities, Washington recently and ended up checking out the local music stores. There is a decent selection of ukes in the area. My U.A.S. kicked in and I came home with a new Eddy Finn Banjolele soprano.

Shout out to Music Unlimited in Richland. Nice folks.

It's cuter than a new puppy! The size is astoundingly small. Anyway, here's a video sound sample, I'm too lazy to do a 'real' UU review.

I asked my E/F rep what he thought of the strings which come on the banjo ukes. Changing them was his advice.

Did you get to see any of the concert banjo ukes? One has a flat disk across the back , about 5/16ths of an inch away from the frame, while the other model had a bigger head with a grille facing the front.

Nope, this was the only one in stock at that location. They had a pretty decent selection of E.F. ukes, I gotta say, the quality, fit, and finish appear to be better than Kala, who gets a lot more press.

I really am a 'Soprano' guy, and I've been looking for one for a while. I really like the Lanikai concert banjo uke, which I have held. But I want a soprano. The strings look like nylon, I'll put some medium fluros on soon, but I have to order on-line, since NO ONE in my home town carry fluoro strings of any brand.

This uke is built very solid, I like it a LOT. Everyone likes the sound, I suppose I'd better brush up on my bluegrass.

Well,

I spent some time (working) in Tri-Cities, Washington recently and ended up checking out the local music stores. There is a decent selection of ukes in the area. My U.A.S. kicked in and I came home with a new Eddy Finn Banjolele soprano.

Shout out to Music Unlimited in Richland. Nice folks.

It's cuter than a new puppy! The size is astoundingly small. Anyway, here's a video sound sample, I'm too lazy to do a 'real' UU review.

Nice triplets!

Thanks,

Plus practice, practice, practice...... (!!)

It's quite a fun uke--and that's what it's all about!

Top Bottom