Tuners! Frustration!

pakhan

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was wondering which tuners you use and your experience when them... I am experienced with the usual suspects, like Waverlys, Pegheds, although less so with the Gotoh open backed Uke tuners and Grovers......

Warmest regards,
Terence

My Compass Rose had Gotoh open back. very smooth and solid feeling. probably a bit nicer than the Grover open backs, which are a little lighter and came on my MP. the Grover sealed are nice, but a bit heavier than the open backs, came on a Koaloha tenor I had. these are all good tuners,and I never had any issues with these. why are you frustrated? I suggest grabbing the nearest uke.

Last edited:
Sorry I should have mentioned that I am trying to find uke tuners, which are simple, work well but weight in at less than 40 a set. Seems like the major supplies just stock certain models, and none seem to overlap on the models stocked!

I've used those Grovers from Stewmac a few times on Tenors and Concerts with great results. They work well, look good and the price is great!

Thanks guys,

looks like the grovers are real winners!

Thanks Allen,

I gotta look closer at them again! I'll email you very soon about the uke...

Terence

For Gotohs, you might be interested in these three models:

Stealth Keys (11.9g/pc)

UPT Planetary (approx 16g/pc)

UK700 (approx 70g/set)

They're all, unfortunately, more expensive than those Grovers and weigh more than the 40g you'd like them to weigh, but I figured I'd at least let you know what Gotoh's options are. The Stealth Keys are light, smooth and unobtrusive. The UPTs are meant to look classic while using modern technology. The UK700s have height-adjustable string posts.

Full disclosure: the company I work for is an official Gotoh agent. If you have any questions at all about the products and their technologies don't hesitate to ask.

EDIT: I neglected to mention the UK12 which uses Gotoh's RES-O-LITE material and weigh in at about 43g for a set of four. Where's the face-palm emoticon?

Last edited:
Top Bottom