Which Kanile'a should I chose? (Pics inside)

Which Kanile'a would YOU chose?

• Number 1

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • Number 2

Votes: 29 52.7%

• Total voters

Linho

Reaction score
Hey there,

I gonna order a Kanile'a Tatoo Tenor (my first and only Koa Beauty), the question ist just, which one of those two. ;)

Number 1:
osaxz5vw.jpeg

Number 2:
b55i37f6.jpeg

Which one would YOU chose and for which reason?

I have no possibility to hear those two or see them live, I have to make my descission based on the two pictures provided. Is there basically a sound different between light and dark Koa?

Thanks for your opinions!! :cool:
Linho

Edit: Just to let you know, I chose No. 1!

Last edited:
I love number 2~~~

I don't know about sound differences, but I dislike the triangular part in the grain. It looks like my plumber's backside when he's under my sink.

Another vote for #2. Like the color and the grain pattern better.

On second look, I liked #1 better! What a difficult choice you have to make. Go with the one that sounds the best to you.

Last edited:
#2 because I too like the grain pattern. It is a tough decision and a very close call. Looks like most people agree that #2 is the one.

P.S. Good luck and congratulations! I like the design, I think you will be happy with either one. Is it solid wood or laminate?

I don't know about sound differences, but I dislike the triangular part in the grain. It looks like my plumber's backside when he's under my sink.

haha!!! i was initially thinking i liked #2 better, but you changed my mind with that comment :)

P.S. Good luck and congratulations! I like the design, I think you will be happy with either one. Is it solid wood or laminate?

Thanks, I think so too. But it's a hard descission. On the one hand I like the lighter color of No. 2 better, but the triangle looks a bit dirty for me. Don't know...

Sure it's all solid Koa. The Tatoo Tenor is basically the regular T1 with satin finish with engraved tribal pattern. :)

#2 no doubt im a sucker for grain!!!! But if you can play them first sound should be the overal deciding factor

OK HOLD ON A SEC..... AFTER CLOSER INSPECTION ILL GO FOR #1. LMAO. BOTH VERY PRETTY WOODS ON THESE. THE WOOD STRIPES ON THE BACK AND UNDER THE BRIDGE ARE VERY NICE. ... ITS A TOSSUP. FLIP A COIN.

Last edited:
I think both are beautiful, but if I had to pick one, it would be... #1

Last edited:
I don't like that the plumber's butt thing is on the front/topwood, as well as the back.

If it was just the backside--like it is on, well, my plumber--it might be tolerable.

How much are they ?

I like number 2. I like the lighter wood because, there is more contrast between it and the design. In other words, the design stands out more and I tend to gravitate towards lighter woods in general.

#2 for me. Like the variation in the grain. Don't see the plumbers butt, maybe cause I don't really pay attention when the plumber's under the sink but maybe it depends on the plumber. Aren't you glad you asked this question? How royally confused are you now?

Top Bottom