Stay safe Northeast ukers

molokinirum

Reaction score
Big storm going to hit NJ and NY. Everybody PLEASE stay safe and prepare for the worst! Looking at 6+ inches of rain and very high winds!

Some folks think that it will blow over and there is nothing to worry about. Forewarned is forarmed. Does anyone remember the snow storm of 1978? No real serious warning, and 20 people died stuck on rt. 128 for days. This is a great time to stay in, stay safe and play your uke.

Forget your family, save your ukes. Just kidding, seriously though stay safe everyone.

My wife wants to have plenty of food in the house that doesn't need to be refrigerated. Just in case there's no power for days. It was a great excuse to make a batch of pumpkin mochi bread, because one batch makes four loaves.

One good thing about upcoming big storms:

I finally got the male to put away the last of the lawn furniture. Most of the time it will sit out all winter. ;)

Stay safe, everyone. Hurricanes should always be taken seriously. Better safe than sorry!

My wife wants to have plenty of food in the house that doesn't need to be refrigerated. Just in case there's no power for days.
Been there, done that.

Canned goods like soup, stew, chili, tuna and PBJ, crackers, bread, granola bars, pudding/fruit cups, there's a lot you can have on hand. :)

Oh, and I hope all of our east coasters stay safe thru this.

Some folks think that it will blow over and there is nothing to worry about. Forewarned is forarmed. Does anyone remember the snow storm of 1978? No real serious warning, and 20 people died stuck on rt. 128 for days. This is a great time to stay in, stay safe and play your uke.

I was living in Boston when that storm hit. I had to shovel a five car driveway - twice! And yes, nobody predicted it. The real danger of Sandy is that it may collide with a massive cold front headed to the Northeast. If they do collide, all heck could break loose. Stay safe, everyone!

I'm fine with a power outage and two days off from school. It'll motivate me to practice uke!

When I first moved to New Hampshire (from Northern California), I was told a big snow storm would be coming and be prepared - so I loaded up my freezer with TV Dinners and ice cream. Fortunately none materialized and I survived......

Cheers
Chief

Even with just catching the edge of things was pretty windy here so
yes would say prepare and be safe.

One good thing about upcoming big storms:

I finally got the male to put away the last of the lawn furniture. Most of the time it will sit out all winter. ;)

can he come over and do mine?

Top Bottom