Chocolate Heart Mango

Moore Bettah Ukuleles

Reaction score
I recently scored 25 board feet of this beautiful wood. I don't normally care for mango but this is hard to turn your back on. If I can't get as many uke sets out of it as I'd like I'll probably build a table out of it.

DSC_0002.jpg

Looks great Chuck!

That's awesome Chuck. Might want to build a surfboard in case this tsunami turns up. ;)

Nice looking wood for sure.

I know someone who would LOVE to have that! (And no.. it is not me..:D)

No one including Chuck has mentioned how he "Scored" this wood. Maybe that was another thread. From what I understand, this was gifted to Chuck for being the "Peoples Choice" winner at the Big Island Ukulele Guild show. Hope I got that right. Well done Chuck.

Last edited:
Yes scrap is an extra edge.. I like it...

Last edited:
Oh man! Drool!!! You lucky devil you! I just bought some Chocolate Mango but mine's very different from yours. Mines very dark. Especially when I put naphtha on it to see what it would look like finished. I guess I have all chocolate. I can't decide if I should make the body in all mango or not. It seems like it might be too dark. Very nice Chuck. I know you will have fun with it!

If I could get on Chuck's List I would buy this one for sure! If I was someone on Chuck's list and had not spec'd out my Uke, i would be on this immediately! Awesome, and you know its going to sound great too! :drool:

Top Bottom