Ukulele cases by Steady

BioSim

Reaction score
I've finally decided to pull the trigger and order a Mainland concert ukulele (I seriously cannot wait!) , but I'm stuck on a case. I want to protect my investment and take care of what I'm sure will be a beautiful instrument, but I'm not sure I necessarily need a hard shell case, as I really only need the case for storage and the occasional shlepping of said uke to the park on a warm day.

I have my eye on the Steady ukulele cases (http://youtu.be/3JdubP_P_u0) and think they would more than suffice as far as protection goes, but what about keeping the uke at a proper level of humidity? It will be my first all solid wood instrument and I want to take care of it, but I live in the deep south (Alabama), where even in the winter months it tends to be pretty humid.

Should I just spring for a hard shell case and a humidifier? Does anyone have any experience with these cases? Are they any good? Thanks in advance and any advice will be greatly appreciated. :)

Looks like a good bag to me. Not as sturdy as a hard case but not as thin as a gig bag either. It does seem sturdy enough to store a good uke and carry it around as long as you don't intend to put it under a lot of abuse.
In terms of humidity, it all depends on how it is indoors where you store your uke. Before getting a humidifier, make sure to get a hygrometer so you get a better idea of whether you need one or not. Over-humidifying isn't good either, beware of the mould!

Mine keeps the Kanilea nice and tropical in a room with 26% humidity. In the case with an Oasis humidifier, 55%.

I have a soprano Steady Case that I have used to travel...I have brought my Dolphin, Flea, and Martin S1 on the plan with it and never had a problem. I just make sure that it goes on top of people's suitcases in the overhead bin. It doesn't offer as much protection as a hard case or my Reunion Blues gigbag, but it is a well made case.

Steady case . . soprano or concert for a flea? Magic Fluke Co suggests concert size.

I have a soprano Steady Case that I have used to travel...I have brought my Dolphin, Flea, and Martin S1 on the plan with it and never had a problem. I just make sure that it goes on top of people's suitcases in the overhead bin. It doesn't offer as much protection as a hard case or my Reunion Blues gigbag, but it is a well made case.

I'm confused which size of steady case to order for a soprano Flea. Magic Fluke Co suggests a concert size, which seems weird to me!

I think the steady case is a nice and more than reasonable cost option for a Mainland Uke - I definitely looked at them myself!

I just received a Steady Case for my soprano ukes from Uke Republic. It is a really nice gig bag. Very sturdy and worth the price, IMHO.

On a side note, it fits my longneck sopranos too! Finally, I have a nice bag to transport them.

I just received a Steady Case for my soprano ukes from Uke Republic. It is a really nice gig bag. Very sturdy and worth the price, IMHO.

On a side note, it fits my longneck sopranos too! Finally, I have a nice bag to transport them.

Good news! I know some who own longneck sopranos have struggled with getting proper cases for them.

I just took delivery of a Kiwaya KS-1 from Elderly. I ordered a Uke Crazy case with it and the longneck fits perfectly too!

Now I have two options for good protection: Steady case or Uke Crazy. Things are looking up!

Top Bottom