Tsunami warning - Hawaii and West Coast

patfia

Reaction score
Hope all of you in the path stay safe as well as those in the earthquake area in BC. For those of you not tapped in, there was a 7.7 earthquake in the Queen Charlotte Islands in British Columbia. Windward side of the islands at greatest risk. Maui County has already turned off water to protect their system. Predicting 6 feet in Kahului harbor.

Nothing here in Waikiki and Oahu.....hope everywhere else is safe...the officials are deciding if to cancel the warning the news said..
the Japan quake was not much here is waikiki a year ago and the water receeded a little at the time....tonight we did not even had the
water recede....Alls well it looks like here on this island...

Hope everyone stays safe! Thinking of you all!

That's good news, Stan.

Heard from friends in Hilo that all is okay- hope it stays that way for everyone.....

Mahalo for your concerns. Interesting thinking about what to take with you and what to leave behind. Of course, I took my ukes.
Alan

Stuoid tsunami warning sirens didn't go off here again. Nor did the civil defense patrol the roads with their bullhorns. If it weren't for my neighbor waking me up with the news I would've missed the non-event. Koa floats anyway.

Top Bottom