black bear baritone

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hippie Dribble

SOLD

july 2012. #427.

original owner, superb instrument, amazing tone and sustain, great action. just not playing and looking to fund Christmas bills etc

specs:

macadamia back, sides, headplate
sitka spruce top
rosewood fingerboard, bridge, body binding, heelcap, back stripe
polished bone nut and bridge saddle
white plastic bridge pins w/ black dots
mop, ebony, maple headstock inlay
figured mango neck w/ graphite truss rod
4:1 ratio 5 star geared tuners
b/w/b purfling and rosette
14 frets to body, 19 total
20" scale
savarez alliance DGBE strings w/ wound low D
nitrocellulose high gloss lacquer finished to a semi-gloss satin touch
handmade rosewood tuning knobs

pictures:

DSCF2767.jpgDSCF2768.jpgDSCF2769.jpgDSCF2774.jpg
DSCF2773.jpg

more to follow

one issue:

the uke has a dish on the back, at the base around the seam. Does not effect playablity or tone but I mention it in interests of full disclosure. The instrument is in otherwise mint condition. Photos to follow in next post to show this. It is impossible to photograph, but I'll use pen marks to highlight the area.

sound sample:

tone:

macadamia has mahogany like tonal properties, and great volume accentuated by the spruce top. However it is not a bright sounding uke, rather it is very warm and mellow with wonderful resonance

I still have the original packing materials, it will be packaged with extreme care and fully insured. please PM or post here with any other questions, more pics etc. paypal only please. Thanks for looking everyone!

Last edited:
sorry to waste your time folks, am removing this from sale as it sounds so good, I think I will regret letting it go too much. If anything changes in the future I'll readvertise. Cheers all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom