just had to share

rem50

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I just saw the coolest thing ever! I have 2 major hobbies. First playing my uke, 2nd is riding unicycles. Just saw on on a commercial a guy riding a unicycle juggling 3 ukuleles! Life is good!

Yeah...but riding a ukulele while juggling three unicycles...now that would be somethin' :)

John

Fun! What was the commercial for?

It's a McDonald's commercial (I saw it too!)

Our very own Pootsie...

Yeah, I saw it too, Dean. But, he was just juggling ukes. Now, Pootsie's video indelibly stamps the combination on my mind as JUST ... PLAIN ... RIGHT!

Of course, Dean, the next question is ... are you riding and playing, too?

I've got to think the cockpit load is tough when the pedaling cadence and the music beat aren't in sync ...

Doug

That is a cool video, Pootsie! Brought a smile to my face :D

Yeah, I saw it too, Dean. But, he was just juggling ukes. Now, Pootsie's video indelibly stamps the combination on my mind as JUST ... PLAIN ... RIGHT!

Of course, Dean, the next question is ... are you riding and playing, too?

I've got to think the cockpit load is tough when the pedaling cadence and the music beat aren't in sync ...

Doug

Doug, check out the video at exactly 15 secs and pause. you will see his reflection in the doorway. pretty cool!

Doug, I can ride and play but I havr no idea how pootise got such a great recording. I also commend him on his bravery, I have been unicycling for 41 years (boy, am I tired) and don't have the guts to go barefoot. Then again some of my uni have spiked pedals. Here is a pic of me going to work one day:)
IMG_0009.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 13
Thank you all for the kind words!

As to the recording, I used my phone clipped to my strap and added some reveb. Synching was the tough part since I have no good software and a pretty low-powered computer. Hence the clap as the vid opens -- old fashioned hollywood tech.

As to barefoot, well ... that's how I do everything. Except appear for trials and oral argument in court. I just find I have better pedal control with my toes.

thanks Pootsie. What uni's do you own? Right now I only have a 26" and 29". I sold my 36" last year.

I have the one in the video. It's the one-wheeled kind. I don't know much else, except when I wore the tire down I opted for a knobby tire because ... cuz it was fun.

there's also this one from Match.com that I saw last time I was home, not sure if it's still on! Admittedly no juggling or unicycles, still an ok ad though, even if it is a little bit twee!

Last edited:
LO! Dean, that photo BEGS for the story behind it!

Mmmmm .. I bet the creatives here can come up with some GREAT captions ....

:)
Doug, I was messing around. I am a photographer and I go to daycares with that pony (he is housebroke) and I photograph kids on him. I did it for advertising to tell centers that Buddy was coming to their area soon! :)

Top Bottom