Looking at tenor ukes...

Jaboody

Reaction score
This christmas theres not much to ask for, and my parents insist i think of something, so i think i'll try upgrading from my tiny soprano uke and moving up to a tenor.

Now i wouldn't like to ask for a $1,000 kamaka, so i was looking at something like this kala:

https://www.kalaukulele.com/KA-STE.htm

Anyone have suggestions on a uke with the same features and quality, but with a lower price it would be greatly appreciated.

Also does anyone know if this uke sounds decent when plugged into an amp? Is it worth asking for the amp add on? Otherwise could just get a regular tenor spruce and take off about $100 dollars...

Thanks

Hi,

there is no such thing as "upgrading" or "moving up" between uke sizes. They all fit a certain style of playing, and some geniuses can do the same on one size uke, where someone else needs a bigger one to get the job done. An example is the "sausage fingers" excuse, but this is usually a cover-up for too little practice. Anyway, you want a tenor. Great gift!

How about you chip in a little bit and try to get a decent uke for a decent price, instead of looking for the lowest price possible? Chances are you will be much more satisfied and have less craving for bigger, better, more expensive ukes.

Go with a pono. Its not like the kamaka price, but its still a high end uke.

And even if you buy a kala, I would recomend buying it from MGM on ebay. He has the best stuff, at the best price, with the best customer service. and he sets up the uke for free, and usually gives a free hard case with the uke. you cant go wrong with him.

Top Bottom