Uke Lady store in Dallas?

Very nice lady, active in the ukulele community.
When I was in Dallas I visited the store.

Can anyone recommend or review the Uke Lady store in Dallas? It's only a couple hours away from me and they have some K brands that would be of interest.... a lot closer than HMS :)

Here's their link..

http://www.ukeladymusic.com/store/pages/RetailStore.php

>>>>>>>>

If you are planning on visiting the store and buying one of the K brands..then i dont think you really need a review on the shop..your ears should tell you if it is the right uke for you? and your fingers should let you know if the setup is right

but if you are going to order online you have to get it from The Ukulele Site(aka HMS)

>>>>>>>>

[/QUOTE]
If you are planning on visiting the store and buying one of the K brands..then i dont think you really need a review on the shop..your ears should tell you if it is the right uke for you? and your fingers should let you know if the setup is right

but if you are going to order online you have to get it from The Ukulele Site(aka HMS)[/QUOTE]

I'm interested in knowing if she has the K brands in stock so I can compare at the store... I'll call her for that info.. thanks

but if you are going to order online you have to get it from The Ukulele Site(aka HMS)[/QUOTE]

I'm interested in knowing if she has the K brands in stock so I can compare at the store... I'll call her for that info.. thanks[/QUOTE]

Hey Tailgate..hard to belive she has that many Kamaka's Kanilea's and Koaloha's at the store..but for sure call before you drive out for 2 hours..i know all the tenors seem to sell first..what are you looking for/

I just looked at her website..fyi the pictures of the Koaloha Ukes are about 3/4 years old they kind of look different now..on the tenors the bridge is totally different and the tuners are black>> not black chrome..i learned this from experience..
the Kanilea pictures are older to but their ukes still look the same..
the ukulele site has up to date pictures..

The website is not as up to date as some online stores. Noel Tardy, the co-owner, is a very nice lady and is very involved in the Lone Star uke festival and the local clubs, in spite of physical ailments. I'd go to the shop and see for yourself. You can buy with confidence.

sorry, no pics... they were running some ukulele worksho/festival thing n hadnt moved their stuffs back in there store yet... looked small but she seemed lil bit knowledgeable from the questions i asked her. oh yeah, the GUITAR CENTER on Central expressway in center dallas get a Kanile'a T1-deluxe, sounds beautiful with a low g already on it and the UV treatment for $1099, but 2 other custom ukes from a luthier in Kaua'i named Raymond somethin... i remember seeing his ukes on the internet and they were both beautiful too, but the kanile'a was da winna fo sure!

I also would recommend Noel. I've not purchased from her, but I am acquainted with her. She's an incredibly nice, kind woman. She's done some great work with her "Ukes in the Classroom" non-profit. I'm not sure that she keeps a ton of nice ukes in stock, so make sure she has what you want before driving there though.

-Steve

sorry, no pics... they were running some ukulele worksho/festival thing n hadnt moved their stuffs back in there store yet... looked small but she seemed lil bit knowledgeable from the questions i asked her. oh yeah, the GUITAR CENTER on Central expressway in center dallas get a Kanile'a T1-deluxe, sounds beautiful with a low g already on it and the UV treatment for $1099, but 2 other custom ukes from a luthier in Kaua'i named Raymond somethin... i remember seeing his ukes on the internet and they were both beautiful too, but the kanile'a was da winna fo sure!

Yeah, I check out GC used occasionaly and saw a thread about the maker

Top Bottom