PoHaku strikes again: Steampunk!

coolkayaker1

Reaction score
http://www.pohakuukulele.com/pages/steampunktwo.html

Peter Hurney, luthier and artist, strikes again, with Steampunk #2. It's so unique, it's killer! There's an octopus living in the soundhole! (steampunk #1 is sold but in his webpage gallery)

I wanted to post the link -- he basically just quietly just puts ukes in his "for sale" page. Although it may not be everyone's taste, it is so unique. And, of course, Peter makes tons of more "regular" ukes for those players that are less "ambitious".

Hey, just thought I'd post for those current and future PoHaku mavens.:cool: What Peter offers, for same or even less than some other expensive brands (those that start with a capital "K") is phenomenal. So pretty:
http://www.pohakuukulele.com/pages/m&kcon10.html

P.S. If you click ukes for sale at the top of the linked page, you see what else Peter has now. These are so well built and playable it's insane. Just sayin'...

Last edited:
Hi All,
Does anyone own or tried one of Peter's Concert 10's. I've been drooling over the one's currently available on his website.
Thanks
Tim

I really like how much fun he has with his instruments. Bright colours and crazy designs really suit the ukulele. I love mine even if it is a little more "traditional".

Cbone, which one of Peters ukes do you own?

Solution for E...sell me Blondie, E buys s-punk dos.

I agree, picker, I also wondered about the concert ten and what it sounds like, plays like. I believe Peter has a return policy that permits you to try it out. I can vouch for the workmanship.

That is awesome.

I love it!

Wow,that is cool looking!

Hi All,
Does anyone own or tried one of Peter's Concert 10's. I've been drooling over the one's currently available on his website.
Thanks
Tim

I have never tried one, but I love the idea. The koa/maple one he posted recently is just beautiful.

That curly mahogany 10 looks inviting too. The purfling inside the uke and those fretboard markers really compliment it...Peghed tuners, I love them.

Hi All,
Thanks
Tim

Tim,
I've played his prototype concert 10 in mahogany. The body is smaller than his standard concert size and a bit bigger than his soprano body. It's a sweet player for sure.

That is very cool --- love playable art.

http://www.pohakuukulele.com/pages/steampunktwo.html

Peter Hurney, luthier and artist, strikes again, with Steampunk #2. It's so unique, it's killer! There's an octopus living in the soundhole! (steampunk #1 is sold but in his webpage gallery)

I wanted to post the link -- he basically just quietly just puts ukes in his "for sale" page. Although it may not be everyone's taste, it is so unique. And, of course, Peter makes tons of more "regular" ukes for those players that are less "ambitious".

Hey, just thought I'd post for those current and future PoHaku mavens.:cool: What Peter offers, for same or even less than some other expensive brands (those that start with a capital "K") is phenomenal. So pretty:
http://www.pohakuukulele.com/pages/m&kcon10.html

P.S. If you click ukes for sale at the top of the linked page, you see what else Peter has now. These are so well built and playable it's insane. Just sayin'...

I have a nice little mahogany soprano with a sunburst. It looks like the one he has for sale on his website only with a three point Martin style headstock.

Nice! That sounds fab, cbone.

And thanks, Eric, for the up and up on concert 10 size, as you are th e only one we know that's played one.

Tempting! Anyone got $1400 laying around they could lend me?

Wow! Another stunning piece of playable art from a true master of his craft.

Jon, your youtube videos playing yours are superb. As are all your videos. And thanks again for the My My Hey Hey tabs. I'm working on it. You have the voice for it, for sure.

Top Bottom