Jake on Eddie in Interview

seeso

Super Duper Moderator (Retired)
Reaction score
Jake Shimabukuro on Eddie Vedder Singing His Praises: "There Must Be Some Other Guy Out There Named Jake Playing the Ukulele"

By Brian Palmer for Broward Palm Beach New Times.

When Eddie Vedder starts name-dropping you in Rolling Stone and is inspired to record an album full of ukulele songs because of you, it's safe to say that you've arrived. Or maybe it's when Jimmy Buffett takes you on tour with him for three years. Or when you perform a cover of a Beatles song with Bette Midler in a performance for the Queen of England and Queen E. chats with you afterward. Or when a documentary gets made about you that focuses on how you're revolutionizing the use of your instrument? Yeah, you've arrived.

More at the link:

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/c...abukuro_hawaiian_ukulele_interview_vedder.php

Just fantastic thanks for the link.

Great Article :) Thanks for the link! Does anyone have any idea when that Bioflick on Jake's life will be out to buy on DVD / iTunes? Sounds like it's worth a look!

We were told at the premiere (of the first cut) in March that the film ("Life on Four Strings," which runs 56 minutes) was going to be broadcast on PBS sometime in the fall, although I don't believe that's happened. Instead, the film is apparently now traveling on the film festival circuit. In the interview, Jake says that the film was scheduled to be shown on October 29 at the Hawai'i International Film Festival on October 29th. According to the film's Facebook page, the film was recently shown on October 20 at the Del Mar Theater in Santa Cruz as part of the Pacific Rim Film Festival. The Facebook page also states that the film will debut on PBS in "Winter 2013." I imagine a DVD might be released sometime after that.

Last edited:
Jake is an extremely classy guy!

Very cool! I saw Jake perform in Atlanta earlier this year.

I wanted to get my picture taken with him but the crowd was so think afterwards it just wasn't going to happen.

The guy is fantastic!

Great Article :) Thanks for the link! Does anyone have any idea when that Bioflick on Jake's life will be out to buy on DVD / iTunes? Sounds like it's worth a look!

According to my source at PBS Hawaii, it's currently set to air nationally in May.

Top Bottom