Beginner...buying a uke...HELP

Nawb

Reaction score
Okay so i borrowed my friends uke and i think it was a tennor, but i like it...and new and that was my first time ever using a uke. I used to play guitar, but barely and I just stopped, but ive been playing piano for lik 8 year X_X...so yeah im trying to get into uke's and im interested in buying one. I need help choosing the right one, with the right price range, and decent enough to keep me ineterested. Could anyone just give me some advice on how to pick one out, which size should it be, does and just some of the basic stuff. Ive seen these really crappy ones at the mall and i was thinking about buying it for like 10 bucks and just getting it restring, but im not sure cause the sound wont be as great, and i might as well just use that 10 to get something better for around 40-70...so yeah im looking for a uke less than 50 if possible that would be decent for a beginner. Uhmm size, i guess tenor or smaller...i dont want that huge one...baritone...? ehh anyways...also if there are sites i can buy them online could you post the link and stuff...thanks :D

Hi,

please use the search function on these forums and you will find a couple of threads that discuss beginner ukes (yes, by entering "beginner ukes"). Makala, Kala, Lanikai and what not.
Be sure to read a bit more about uke sizes, and what your expectations are as for the music you would like to play. The more research you do beforehand, the more joy your instrument of choice will give you.

Okay so i borrowed my friends uke and i think it was a tennor, but i like it...and new and that was my first time ever using a uke. I used to play guitar, but barely and I just stopped, but ive been playing piano for lik 8 year X_X...so yeah im trying to get into uke's and im interested in buying one. I need help choosing the right one, with the right price range, and decent enough to keep me ineterested. Could anyone just give me some advice on how to pick one out, which size should it be, does and just some of the basic stuff. Ive seen these really crappy ones at the mall and i was thinking about buying it for like 10 bucks and just getting it restring, but im not sure cause the sound wont be as great, and i might as well just use that 10 to get something better for around 40-70...so yeah im looking for a uke less than 50 if possible that would be decent for a beginner. Uhmm size, i guess tenor or smaller...i dont want that huge one...baritone...? ehh anyways...also if there are sites i can buy them online could you post the link and stuff...thanks :D

nah save your money and go all out cause you gonna get hooked, and you gonna get UAS! Damn, I've been playing for only 3 months, and I'm on my 2nd uke... and I can barely play... but I love my Pono Mango Tenor and Koaloha Super concert.:nana:

Top Bottom