Re-worked custom Bruce Wei Tenor

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
I have one of my projects from a couple years ago when I was rebuilding some of Bruce Wei's ukes to make them play nicely. This is one I fell in love with, and kept for myself. I find myself not playing tenor much, and tend to gravitate to sopranos, and sometimes concerts. With my "issues", I just have a hard time holding onto or playing anything larger than a concert. I decided to take this one, and see if I can find a nice soprano or concert. I was forced to sell off some of my ukes a couple years ago due to medical bills, and ended up having to sell my beloved "Bango" banjo uke. I would like to find another one. I would love a slingerland, or even a Gibson UB, or a standard Koaloha soprano (I know the UB or the Koaloha is a huge stretch, but a man can dream can't he?). But at any rate, I will entertain a trade for a nice soprano or even a concert for my customized Wei. I have no idea what value to put on it, but I paid $250 for the uke originally before I did the work on it. I added an under bridge pickup, refinished, set up with a nice playing low action, and finished in a nitro lacquer clear. It plays wonderfully, with a very nice mahogany tone. Those that bought my refurbished Wei ukes have been very happy with them, including even a couple profesional musicians that are still playing them. So, again, not sure how to place a trade value, but I would like to see what I might be willing to trade it for. So, without further adue. Here it is, it's a nice looking, and playing tenor.

I'm not really interested in selling, but if the right trade comes along, I'll know when I see it..

mahog1.jpg

P1040894.jpg

Thanks, and God Bless..

The headstock dates it as an older Brucwei instrument. My favourite brucewei instrument has the same headstock. Just my two bobs worth.

Anthony

Here are a couple sound bites... Excuse the crappy playing, I don't have the dexterity in my hands like I should due to my stroke. But, I still give it a shot anyway.. ;)

The first one is plugged into a Line 6 amp. The 2nd is acustic.

Here are a couple sound bites... Excuse the crappy playing, I don't have the dexterity in my hands like I should due to my stroke. But, I still give it a shot anyway.. ;)

The first one is plugged into a Line 6 amp. The 2nd is acustic.

The playing is fine, Tony - it is just a crappy song. (My version of Hell has a Led Zeppelin soundtrack...)

-Kurt​

Top Bottom