Song Help Request Help with tab.

philrab66

Reaction score
Hi all could anybody please tell me how to play this part in the second bar.
Do I play the 0 0 0
5 in between the two 5 5
0 0 if that make any sense. Do I just miss off the top 5 then play the 0
5 five times?ScreenHunter_02 Nov. 01 22.11.jpg

I just saw post after posting it does not make sense as the numbers have moved.

Thanks Phil.

Last edited:
The two 5s are tied (that arch between them), so it increases the duration of the first 5 and you don't pluck the second one.
So I do play the one in between the two that are tied and just leave out that top five. So I will be playing 0&5 five times?
Thanks.

So I do play the one in between the two that are tied and just leave out that top five. So I will be playing 0&5 five times?
You are not really "leaving out" that second top 5. You are still holding the fret down to increase the duration of that note. You just aren't plucking the string again.

It's a very subtle difference that many people probably wouldn't even be able to hear, but technically, the first high 5 is being held for two counts instead of 1-1/2 (which is what you'd get if you just leave it out).

And, yes, you'll pluck the bottom 0&5 five times.

Sometimes it helps to think in terms of voices or parts. The notes on the E string (with the stems pointing upwards) are one voice/part. The notes on the G/C strings (with the stems pointing down) are another voice.

You are not really "leaving out" that second top 5. You are still holding the fret down to increase the duration of that note. You just aren't plucking the string again.

It's a very subtle difference that many people probably wouldn't even be able to hear, but technically, the first high 5 is being held for two counts instead of 1-1/2 (which is what you'd get if you just leave it out).

And, yes, you'll pluck the bottom 0&5 five times.

Sometimes it helps to think in terms of voices or parts. The notes on the E string (with the stems pointing upwards) are one voice/part. The notes on the G/C strings (with the stems pointing down) are another voice.

Thanks Me a good tip about the voicings I did wonder why some where up and some down.

Top Bottom