FS: Sailor Brand Soprano + pegheds + misi: (AKA I need a new mic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plainsong

Reaction score
Price Drop! FS: Sailor Brand Soprano + pegheds + misi: (AKA I need a new mic)

I finally have a uke-friendly box, and I'm in need of a new mic, so the Sailor Soprano is going up for sale. In fact, the acoustic demo will tell the story of why I need that new mic, and why you should never ever ever buy a Blue Snowball.

Soprano isn't my main size, although everyone should have at least one, and it shows in the demos. I have one recorded from the "mic", and two recorded from the misi.

It sounds huge plugged in. Unplugged, it is a very bright uke, what I'd call plucky, but the notes ring out as they should, all the way up the fretboard. The neck is thin, the frets are in good shape, and intonation is great. I tried to show that in the Rising Sun demo. Fretting just the A string 12th fret and strumming everything else open, if the intonation is bad, that doesn't work.

Edit to add: A word about the veneer over the solid back and sides: It doesn't feel like veneer, and I think the big thing it has going for it is maybe there's a tad more protection there, should you ever find your Sailor in less-than-friendly-to-ukulele climates for brief periods of time.

The Specs:
  • Solid cedar top
  • Solid poplar back and sides with Eucalyptus veneer
  • 14 frets to the body, 19 overall (very playable all the way up the fretboard)
  • Peghed tuners
  • Misi acoustic trio pickup
  • Currently has on new Living Water strings

Issues:
  • None that effect the sound.
  • There's a bit on the body where the finish on the binding ran a bit, as you can see in the pictures. Also there are some bits under the bridge where the strings have dinged the surface a bit, but I couldn't capture it with a camera.
  • The saddle is a bit small for my taste. It might be perfectly safe, but it was loose enough in the saddle for me to add a bit of paper to eliminate the tilt. Saddles are replaceable if it bothers you, but the paper has worked well.

Comes with:
  • Gigbag
  • Misi Charger (US pins)

Sale Details:
I'm looking to get $260.00 shipped worldwide. The original price of a Sailor Brand uke with eucalyptus without Pegheds or a Misi, is $300. The shipping will be priority post with tracking number. I can do Paypal, or if it's easier for you, bank transfer.

Sound Samples:

Here's why you should never get a Blue Snowball. Sorry for all the mess-ups, but at least you can hear how soprano isn't my main size.

But at least it has a pickup. These were done with an Apogee Jam, plugged into an iPhone, using acoustic settings in Ampkit+, no effects. Click here and here. Again, not my best efforts but you get the idea.

Pictures:

See the attachments below. Thanks for looking, and please let me know if you have any questions.

IMG_0432.jpgIMG_0442.jpgPB010347.jpgPB010349.jpgPB010361.jpg

Last edited:
And... a picture of the back. :)

PB010365.jpg

I didn't realize the attachments would be so tiny. Here are some larger versions.

IMG_0432.png

IMG_0442.png

PB010347.png

Uke is sold. Thanks to mo9090x and UU.

Last edited:
Bump for one and only price drop. With shipping costs as they are, it won't make sense for me to sell if no one wants it at this price. It's a great uke, whose only crime is that it isn't a mic.

Beautiful uke but I'm not in the market. Just want to thank you for your reference to the Apogee Jam. Had no clue about them or the genre. Gonna check it out.

Good luck with the sale!

Beautiful uke but I'm not in the market. Just want to thank you for your reference to the Apogee Jam. Had no clue about them or the genre. Gonna check it out.

Good luck with the sale!

Thanks, I do possibly have a sale pending, so we'll see.

But yeah, the Apogee Jam is really great! I'd avoided getting it because it seemed kinda pricey, but this is a case of getting what you pay for. Very natural, clean sound and works well with external pedals. There's lots of apps that will work with it, but I really like Ampkit+. I'm not crazy about the whole having to pay immediately for an in-app purchase after having bought the app already, just to get the acoustic packages, but it does sound good, so I'll give them a pass for wanting to make a living.

Aside from that little scheme, the sound itself, and the ease of recording and all, a huge thumb's up from me. I just want a decent little field mic as well for just opening up the possibilities of what we can record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom