PDA

View Full Version : Anyone having problems with the site?

rayan
02-16-2008, 10:42 AM
A couple of people have emailed saying they're having problems getting to the website. Anybody else having this problem? We're getting a lot more traffic than before so I think we're experiencing some growing pains.

Keonikapila
02-16-2008, 11:52 AM
I had a couple of "time-out" errors yesterday around noon, but they went away with a page refresh...nothing major (I just assumed it was my wireless flaking on me).

Howlie Boy
02-16-2008, 01:00 PM
Nothing on my end, I have also had a few were the page didnt load, but i refreshed and then it work but only two or three times....

Fred Miu
02-16-2008, 02:37 PM
works perfectly for me, no problems at all...so far.

tsudawuda
02-16-2008, 03:47 PM
sometime last week i couldnt reply to anything. my pc showed that circle thing to show its loading and then it stops. and nothing happens.

UkuLeLesReggAe
02-16-2008, 04:33 PM
itd all good for me. nothings wrong

Ukulele_Junkie
02-16-2008, 04:54 PM
last night well i mean i guess morning i was up at 3:30am pst and it wouldnt load up for about 10 mins. such a odd hour why would there be any loading traffic.

davoomac
02-16-2008, 04:58 PM
I had problems loading any of the pages last night. It wasn't working for probably 30 minutes. I didn't check back till today and it seems to working great now.

Fred Miu
02-16-2008, 05:24 PM
wow, i never realized how many people have this problem. i actually remembered yesterday morning around 2 am, i wanted to view a page, then went to the bathroom and it didnt load, but i refreshed and it loaded.

but nothing other than that.

koa
02-18-2008, 02:34 PM
No problems using Firefox 2.0.0.12 or Safari 3.2.1 browser. Browser specific problems maybe for some people?

UkuLeLesReggAe
02-18-2008, 05:37 PM
i used to have problems.... nothing loaded at all just white haha

but it fixed itself!! ^^

michaelphipps
02-24-2008, 01:04 PM
last night well i mean i guess morning i was up at 3:30am pst and it wouldnt load up for about 10 mins. such a odd hour why would there be any loading traffic.

Ahm - the internet isn't just in America. There's different timezones all over the place. EG- when it's midnight here (Brisbane, Australia) it is 9am in NY

Oh - and site admins - if you are growing large quickly, start talking about your upgrade plans NOW. Not when the site is dead slow, and to painful for anyone to bother visiting.

bluesuke
02-24-2008, 01:12 PM
I had problems with some of the utube links. But I'm not shure if it was uu or utubes problem.

Terrell
02-24-2008, 05:00 PM
yea.. everything's workin for me fine. maybe a tad slower than usual cuz of all the people on here but that's just about it.

E-Lo Roberts
02-25-2008, 06:36 AM
As Rayan knows, I was probably the biggest complainer of the video feed for months.

However, the newer, smaller file formats are working great for me. I can now enjoy all the features that UU has to offer.

Kudo's and thanks for the persistance Rayan! Good job!...e-lo....

Bigylittle
02-26-2008, 12:48 PM
Well I guess I should have posted in this Thread...

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=867

menehunenyc
02-26-2008, 12:54 PM
Once I get to the forums page, I see no link back to the home page.

Bigylittle
02-26-2008, 01:12 PM

Yeah that annoys me too. Is there another way to go back to the home page without just retyping the homepage? Clicking the logo just takes you back to the forums :[

davoomac
02-26-2008, 01:13 PM

Can we have a link to the home page?

menehunenyc
02-27-2008, 06:44 AM
Guys, I just realized that when you click on a forum, your browser opens up a new window. all you have to do is click on the original window with the home page on it and your...well...home.

Bigylittle
02-27-2008, 12:42 PM
Guys, I just realized that when you click on a forum, your browser opens up a new window. all you have to do is click on the original window with the home page on it and your...well...home.

I like keeping it simple and only have one window open xP What I do is bookmark the homepage so it is like...2 clicks away.

dolandlaw
02-29-2008, 12:12 PM
I have reset my password 3 times and am still having trouble at the moment of logging in. Although I am "in" the screen indicates an unsuccessful attempt, but I am able to access forums etc.
dolandlaw

nikolo727
03-01-2008, 04:25 PM
mehh

i kinda had a little bit o' turbulence but nothing to major

keep it up staff, the site is amazing!

ukejon
03-02-2008, 01:38 PM
No technical problems at this end.

Nikolo727, I'm a bit confused by your repeated signature line about Dom's tabs. He generously puts transcribed music online for all to use and makes it available in several different formats. If you are having some problems downloading you should get in touch with him.

Dominator
03-03-2008, 04:37 AM
No technical problems at this end.

Nikolo727, I'm a bit confused by your repeated signature line about Dom's tabs. He generously puts transcribed music online for all to use and makes it available in several different formats. If you are having some problems downloading you should get in touch with him.

I have sent two PMs to this user this past week and responded to one of his posts asking him to check his PMs and respond back. Still have not heard from him. I don't know what is going on.

Not that it is a huge deal or anything but I don't particularly care to see that signature on all of his/her posts.

Ukulele_Junkie
03-03-2008, 05:09 AM
dom's tabs are probably the easiest to use on the web, if u have adobe acrobat, i'm pretty sure you can use it, 100% sure actually. I think he keeps trying to download the powertab thing, I don't even deal with that one. If you can access this link, then you can access all his other stuff. http://dominator.ukeland.com/Images/no_woman_no_cry.pdf

davoomac
03-09-2008, 09:55 PM
I was browsing the main site just now and I clicked on the forum link in the top bar and it said the page could not be displayed.

the front page link was linking to this:
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/

You can get to the forum just fine by just typing in the address without the "www."

I tried several times to verify whether I was making a mistake or not, but I guess the link on the main site is bad. Is this an isolated event or can you verify this?

rayan
03-10-2008, 07:35 AM
Hey Dave, I think it's just our host. We have a pretty cheap host and I guess they can't keep the server up 100% of the time. Thats my guess.:confused:

Bigylittle
03-10-2008, 10:27 AM
UU works on my Wii once again :D

Dino
05-01-2008, 04:47 PM
It's probably just me and I f**** something up. I have my homepage as UU, but when the page loads, Aldrine's lesson starts to run automatically. I just moved over to IE and have been tinkering with it and may have messed up. Can anyone help? Any ideas? Thanks guys.

davoomac
05-01-2008, 06:15 PM
It's probably just me and I f**** something up. I have my homepage as UU, but when the page loads, Aldrine's lesson starts to run automatically. I just moved over to IE and have been tinkering with it and may have messed up. Can anyone help? Any ideas? Thanks guys.

What browser are you running?

Dino
05-01-2008, 11:49 PM
What browser are you running?

Using Internet Explorer 7

Dino
05-02-2008, 12:12 AM
Everyone, please don't get me wrong. I love Aldrines lessons. It's just that after I have watched it, and then it still runs evertime I log into UU, then thats a bit much cause I'm always on UU. Plus, when I got extra stuff running like videos when I'm trying to navigate around a site, my slow Pentium 3, 1 ghz system drags. I know.....dinosaur computer.....but it pretty much serves its purpose, although I would love a new Dual Core system. Aloha, Dino

UkuLeLesReggAe
05-02-2008, 01:24 AM
hahahaha its funny :D Hello this is Aldrine Guerrero and these are your uke minutes. heard it 10000 times haha :D

none the less - i dont mind, but i can see where your coming from..

I had my music up really loud and it finished and i opened uu and it went heaps loud.. scared me :|

redsedge
05-02-2008, 04:11 AM

I have this problem too. Now I get uke minutes and wonderful tonight playing away merrily. I use windows xp. While I too welcome Aldrine's lessons and find them helpful, this new feature is putting me off visiting the site as often. At least I play my uke more instead of reading about them!

Seriously, if anyone can suggest a way to fix this, I'd be really thankful.

davoomac
05-02-2008, 04:29 AM
so what browsers were you having trouble with? Have you tried using firefox instead of internet explorer? Also, make sure all of those plugins are installed and up-to-date.

seeso
05-02-2008, 07:02 AM
That's weird. I've never had those videos autoplay when I visit the home page.

Using Internet Explorer 7

It's past time you started using Firefox anyways... Try it out and see if the vids still autoplay.

seeso
05-02-2008, 07:05 AM
I have this problem too. Now I get uke minutes and wonderful tonight playing away merrily. I use windows xp. While I too welcome Aldrine's lessons and find them helpful, this new feature is putting me off visiting the site as often. At least I play my uke more instead of reading about them!

Are you also using Internet Explorer?

Dino
05-02-2008, 08:31 AM

Thank you. I thought it was just me. I also use XP. I'll still come to the site everyday, but its just irritating to have the vids run auto everytime. I don't want to go on a UU diet.

davoomac
05-02-2008, 09:03 AM
I've tried loading the main page on PC and mac using internet explorer, firefox, and safari and I've never had those videos auto-load. I wonder why it would do that?

NotoriousMOK
05-02-2008, 09:33 AM
until recently, starting with the latest uke minutes video, I have never had it auto-play the vids, this has been a recent thing for me on XP/Explorer and Firefox. I don't know that I would call it 'broken' though.

Otherwise, I have not experienced other issues as mentioned elsewhere here, just the autoplay oddity.

Have fun!

seeso
05-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Viddler videos only autoplay on their site. Any external sites with embedded Viddler videos do not autoplay, as far as I know.

redsedge
05-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Thank you all you lovely people. Using Firefox seems to have sorted things out and I don't have the videos autoplaying any more.

jaggtmolina
05-04-2008, 09:51 PM
everything's peachy for me. :)