PDA

View Full Version : TUNING Tenor DGBE

pryce4267
11-22-2008, 03:29 AM
Just wondered if anyone has tenor DGBE tuning on their uk and what does it feel like.

OrangUke
11-23-2008, 03:40 PM
You might want to move this question to a more appropriate Board Topic area - Like "Uke Talk", etc.

Kanaka916
11-23-2008, 04:09 PM
I would imagine there are a few members who do. I believe Aquila has a tenor set packaged specifically for G tuning (DGBE).

SinisterDom
11-23-2008, 05:51 PM
I've heard of people doing it, you should get the proper Strings (http://www.ukuleleworld.com/strings-tenor-aquila-string-set-key-of-g-baritone-tuning.html) to do it with however.

LoMa
11-24-2008, 07:13 AM
With one exception, I have had poor luck with the tone of a tenor tuned to dGBE (with a low d), but I've never tuned one to DGBE with a high D because I don;t usually use re-entrant tuning.

The one exception is a wonderful Beltona Blue Songster custom made "baritone" that sounds totally awesome tuned dGBE with a low d. It uses a modified tenor Songster body that was made slightly deeper to accommodate the lower tuning, and a 19" scale neck. Totally totally awesome tone with this tuning!

I'll unfortunately have to sell it though becuase my arthritis just can't handle the 19" scale. And I so want to play this dude...