Ukeeku.com New Look

Fancy-schmancy. Looks really nice, Tim.

I like it Tim. Easy on the eyes, easily read... looks great!

Looks clean and nice. One thing it's doing for me though (and it may be because I'm on an iPad) is truncating every post.

I don't like that and I don't think search engines do either.

As I say, it may be truncating as it thinks I'm on a mobile device, but an iPad isn't really mobile screen so should show full blog view. May be worth looking at that.

Still great content!

It looks good and easy for me to read. I like it.

I like the layout as you can read previous posts and it is easily accessible
but the ladies like to see a bit of colour;)

It looks great. I miss the logo, though. Are you changing it?
Using the U more alone. many have asked if it is Keeku.com. for now I am trying that.

Looks clean and nice. One thing it's doing for me though (and it may be because I'm on an iPad) is truncating every post.

I don't like that and I don't think search engines do either.

As I say, it may be truncating as it thinks I'm on a mobile device, but an iPad isn't really mobile screen so should show full blog view. May be worth looking at that.

Still great content!
The posts are truncated normally. Since I have google and yahoo search crawling the site per page, the searches will work just the same. I like more titles and less content on the front page. I will tweak as I go. thanks for the input

UU is one of many places that I love and look for feedback. Just updated the look of www.Ukeeku.com
Take a look and tell me what you think

I was looking at your site earlier today before I saw this post. I also thought it lacked a bit of colour it does not seem very inviting to the eye.

I like it a lot Tim. Feels like there's more room to move and so big ups on the new layout.

Guess I would agree with some of the others on the colour thing. But there's always two options, eh....you go subtle for a clean, more academic old school look, or you go all crazy with vibrant colour contrasts which are a little more intoxicating to the eye and draws you in that way. But then like Barak says, you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. :eek:ld:

Given the nature of what you do on your site - which clearly has a focus on substance over style - I think subtle works. Keep up the great work mate.

Dig it. I'd read your stuff if it was printed on used cardboard, but I appreciate the new look.

Cheers.

Tim, just looked at it again and have one suggestion. Make your heads bold. That will add contrast and further define each post as a separate entity. Just FWIW IMHO etc., etc.

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you and keep the comments coming.

I like it a lot. Especially the clean crisp feel it has. The fonts are clean and sharp as well. Good job!

Top Bottom