Left my #$&*^# Uke on the #&$% Train!

cheekmeat

Reaction score
Ya'll ever lose a ukulele? This dummy did!

I got distracted on my way to work and left a baritone uke up on a shelf on the Metra yesterday. I realized it much later in the day.

It's a really crappy ukulele with impressively high action, a big hole/crack in one of the sides, and the gig bag it's in cost more than the uke. I was using it in a play that opens next week though, so I have to figure something else out.

I always keep my sopranos right there by me when I'm travelling anywhere, but the bari is bigger, so I put it up on the shelf and forgot all about it.

I've done probably all I can do at this point, so I'm just dropping by to point out what an ass I am.

Yer Luvin',
Troy
Chicago, USA

Sorry for your loss. Very annoying. Reminding me to put name tags on my cases, which I keep meaning to do...

Reminding me to put name tags on my cases, which I keep meaning to do...

Name tags, huh? Interesting concept.

I have them on my other stuff. I didn't on this one cuz I'd never taken it out of the house until a couple of weeks ago...

Perhaps I shall search the webs for retroactive name tags.

Any Time Lords here to help?:D

I ride the BNSF. I'll keep my eyes open for a lost uke wandering the platforms..........

Sorry Troy, it's a mistake anyone could make brother! To sooth the loss, I think you must buy a new bari........there is no other way!

Sorry for the loss of your baritone. My biggest fear when I was traveling with my Kamaka tenor in Hawaii was that I'd leave it in the overhead compartment on one of my flights (I did have a name tag on the case and a business card in the case in case the name tag fell off.) This may be a stupid question, but have you checked with the train's lost and found department? Or have you thought about posting in the lost and found section of the local craigslist? It's possible that your bari is in the hands of someone who'd like to get it back to its rightful owner.

Last edited:
Dang, Troy! That stinks!

This may be a stupid question, but have you checked with the train's lost and found department? Or have you thought about posting in the lost and found section of the local craigslist? It's possible that your bari is in the hands of someone who'd like to get it back to its rightful owner.

Yes, I've called the train lost and found, and no, it had not even occurred to me to do the craigslist thing. Thanks!

I do fear, though that if someone wanted to get it back to its rightful owner, they would have given it to the conductor.

Sorry Troy, it's a mistake anyone could make brother! To sooth the loss, I think you must buy a new bari........there is no other way!

Maybe someday I'll stumble on another $10 wonder in the junk bin of a music shop...;)

Ok. The violin thing is a significantly bigger deal than my cheap uke. There is not going to be a "tearful reunion" even if the ole' Kent turns up in lost and found.

One of the producers of the show's daughter has a bari uke and I'm borrowing it. It's a Hilo and probably a better uke once I get some fresh strings on it. At least there isn't a 1/2 gap between the stings and the 12th fret!

Thanks for the support, team!

Sorry to hear about your loss, I've almost done it several times but ran back before I got off the train. Now I put a business card with my cell number and "reward if found" inside all my uke cases. Doesn't guarantee anything but I'd like to think that it increases the odds that I'll get the uke back. cheers, g2

Top Bottom