another, aba dabba honey moon...but with a monkey..really...

thesillydave

Reaction score
okay, a robot monkey, but still....hope i didn't raise your hopes too much...you know...they fling pooo.
i'm sort of against that. i have enough issues with cat pee...anyhow..
hope you enjoy the silliness!

Great job! Memories were evoked...

When I was a kid, about 1962 or so, we found a tiny little 4 or 5 inch record that Ted, a friend of my dad made on a trip they made to Atlantic City about 1950 or 51. Three guys, my dad, his buddy Ted and some other guy took a train from Columbus to the Atlantic City boardwalk and spent a day there. They had these little coin op recording booths there and Ted went in and made a goofy little recording, that us kids thought was hilarious.

He said a few words and sang bits of two songs from the day. Aba Daba Honeymoon and Mona Lisa. We were kids and had never heard these songs before. We thought Aba Daba had something to do the Flintstones (yabba dabba do) and we tought that was just hilarious. Then he sang a few lines from Mona Lisa, but a little off color. "Mona Lisa, Mona Lisa, men have made you..." We had no idea what that meant (innocent times) and we sang those little parts of these songs for years the way Ted sang them.

Ted died about 6 years ago, my dad passed away two years ago and Sandy wiped out the boardwalk. I have no idea where that little record disappeared to. Last I saw it was in the seventies.

Anyway thanks SillyDave. I enjoyed your rendition too, it was funny and If I was 8 years old again, I'd probably think the video was totally hilarious. And I got to blather about some old memories.

Top Bottom