38th Season of the Ukulele - Saudade

Finely crafted Krabbers. Great song. It is quite wonderful that you can sing
the words that say "I am not missing you" yet express the exact opposite feeling.
It is that juxtaposition that give the song the dynamic tension. Excellent delivery.
Smashing!!!

My wife runs a lab for a winery here, and when it is time to squish grapes, she is gone. 12-16 hour days for the last six weeks at least, and we will go to Thanksgiving. No Ukin', no cuddlin' no nuthin' for your old friend the Cloverdale Kid. I saw this theme and shoved a uke in her hand, and taught her a favorite of ours in five minutes.
This is as rough as a cob, and yeah...it is my favorite video I have made to date.
She brings out the best in me, and this is as good as I get. Seriously, that lady is my world and I HATE the grape season to the core of my being.
As an added bonus, you get William, my dog, on percussion.
Apologies to Otis Redding, and big thank you's for teaching us this song...and all the other ones.
You Left The Water Running
This is our entry-but yeah, you will see me again. Great theme guys.

Loved it, Loved it! LOVED IT!!

My entry for this season. This song is about my dad who passed away this year. It is called my Dad. I was planning on writing a song about him for some time so this was as good a moment as any I guess. I have four brother and no sisters, in case you were wondering. I think the song is still a little unpolished, but I don't think it would be better at the end of the week.

This is a bonus song called in a little while by U2, Bono says it's a song about getting home to his wife after a hangover. But I too believe that Joey Ramone made this into a Gospel Tune.

And another bonus, with or without you by U2. This is a new recording for this season, I also did this one for season 34.

My wife runs a lab for a winery here, and when it is time to squish grapes, she is gone. 12-16 hour days for the last six weeks at least, and we will go to Thanksgiving. No Ukin', no cuddlin' no nuthin' for your old friend the Cloverdale Kid. I saw this theme and shoved a uke in her hand, and taught her a favorite of ours in five minutes.
This is as rough as a cob, and yeah...it is my favorite video I have made to date.
She brings out the best in me, and this is as good as I get. Seriously, that lady is my world and I HATE the grape season to the core of my being.
As an added bonus, you get William, my dog, on percussion.
Apologies to Otis Redding, and big thank you's for teaching us this song...and all the other ones.
You Left The Water Running
This is our entry-but yeah, you will see me again. Great theme guys.

Sweeeet! :love: Superb duet!

you're in Leipzig? Any chance you'll be swinging through Lower Saxony while we're in the same country?

I'm pretty much booked up until I leave on Wed, but it would've been fun to jam. I'll let you know if they send me again next year.

This one is great, Doug- tell me, how could anyone with your lastname be homesick in Leipzig?

Yeah, I'm really not homesick, this is a great city -- the song is just part of my shtick. :)

That was nice and smooooooth. I love that pineapple uke too.

Thanks, that's my homemade manzanita uke.

Lovely sensitive singing, hope you like Leipzig! :)

I love Leipzig, I'm sorry I have so little time here. I did manage to visit the Thomakirche, where Bach was kantor, and also the Bach museum. Very interesting.

Here's a bonus track. This is a video I did in May. The song is "Hide It Away" by Richard Thompson.

My entry for this season. This song is about my dad who passed away this year. It is called my Dad. I was planning on writing a song about him for some time so this was as good a moment as any I guess. I have four brother and no sisters, in case you were wondering. I think the song is still a little unpolished, but I don't think it would be better at the end of the week.

An original song and two bonus tracks on one day! Wow! The song about your dad is very nice. Maybe some day you make a multitrack version! Seems like you have the equipment in the background! :)

An original song and two bonus tracks on one day! Wow! The song about your dad is very nice. Maybe some day you make a multitrack version! Seems like you have the equipment in the background! :)

Thanks, it's raining outside, so why not record some songs :).

Top Bottom