38th Season of the Ukulele - Saudade

fernandogardinali

Reaction score

Hello guys,

Me and my beloved Luana Gouvêa live far away from each other (400 km - 6:30 hours bus) and we miss each other very, very much. So, our season's theme is "Saudade", which is a very hard to translate word.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudade

Your songs should be then about missing or longing to someone, something, someplace or sometime, about nostalgia, homesickness, yearning, anything like that.

Rules:
- No multitracking
- Make a new video
- Mention that your video is for the 38th Season of the Uke.
- Uke must be the main instrument.
- Covers or originals are ok.
- Bonus tracks are great! Unless you mention it, your first post will be your entry.

Judging:
The judges will be me and Luana. We will give points according to your performance (singing and/or playing) and we will award extra points if:
1) You send bonus tracks.
2) If the song was originally recorded in portuguese (like this and this)

Prizes:
Since we live in Brazil it would be very hard (and expensive) to ship stuff to you people in the United States, so we will give 3 Elderly.com coupons.

1st place - $20 gift card
2nd place - $15 gift card
3rd place - $10 gift card

Deadline is Sunday, 23:59 (GMT -4)

Bye!
Fernando and Luana

EDIT: Playlist - Entries
Bonuses

Last edited:
Oh my! This has our love for Brazilian music from the sixties (Elenco label: wow!) flaring up!
But hm, we might try something in our native language; Dutch... Excellent theme! Looking forward to all the entries.

Great theme. Obrigado! What a nice couple you two make!

Thankyou Fernando and Luana, what a lovely theme. :)

Hey guys...very nice theme and generous. I'm going to have to give this one some thought...

John

Great idea...I am going to scour the American experience of the fifties and see what I can come up with
226px-Buddy_Holly_cropped.JPG
Nothing better than nerds in love when you are missing someone ;)

song "der Weg" by Herbert Groenemeyer as a dedication to his wife he lost to cancer and how he misses her until eternity.

bonus time- can't go wrong with good old Eddie:

Will leave the Portguese bonus points to Tina, the old uke banger.

Nice theme you two. I hope to find the time to get an entry in. My wife and I were over 400 miles apart for the first two years we began dating. I can relate.

My wife runs a lab for a winery here, and when it is time to squish grapes, she is gone. 12-16 hour days for the last six weeks at least, and we will go to Thanksgiving. No Ukin', no cuddlin' no nuthin' for your old friend the Cloverdale Kid. I saw this theme and shoved a uke in her hand, and taught her a favorite of ours in five minutes.
This is as rough as a cob, and yeah...it is my favorite video I have made to date.
She brings out the best in me, and this is as good as I get. Seriously, that lady is my world and I HATE the grape season to the core of my being.
As an added bonus, you get William, my dog, on percussion.
Apologies to Otis Redding, and big thank you's for teaching us this song...and all the other ones.
You Left The Water Running
This is our entry-but yeah, you will see me again. Great theme guys.

Last edited:
This is classic- your wife even got the nice uke.
My wife runs a lab for a winery here, and when it is time to squish grapes, she is gone. 12-16 hour days for the last six weeks at least, and we will go to Thanksgiving. No Ukin', no cuddlin' no nuthin' for your old friend the Cloverdale Kid. I saw this theme and shoved a uke in her hand, and taught her a favorite of ours in five minutes.
This is as rough as a cob, and yeah...it is my favorite video I have made to date.
She brings out the best in me, and this is as good as I get. Seriously, that lady is my world and I HATE the grape season to the core of my being.
Apologies to Otis Redding, and big thank you's for teaching us this song...and all the other ones.

She brings out the best in me, and this is as good as I get. Seriously, that lady is my world and I HATE this season to the core of my being.

hmmm...have we ever had a winner from the first entry before? OK, so if I don't watch another youtube clip throughout the whole of November I don't care. This will keep my tank full of petrol at least til Christmas and probably into next year. LOVE. YOU. GUYS. This is pure, gutsy, real, earth shakin, down home sincerity with a twist of perfect togetherness. Dang you two, you left my water running as well. Eugenie! pass me a hankie will ya... :love:

Awe jeez- I love you guys. Man that silly video means a lot to me. So glad you enjoyed it.
Seems Mel is my magic ingredient- would not have it any other way

Awe jeez- I love you guys. Man that silly video means a lot to me. So glad you enjoyed it.
Seems Mel is my magic ingredient- would not have it any other way

Awe - Thanks, love. and thanks for the nice comments, guys! I hope to be checking in on all of you more frequently soon. Glad you liked the video!

I LOVE THIS !!!!!!!!

I CANNOT SHOUT IT LOUD ENOUGH

if it was my week i would end it now, cos this is the best . love it

Shot on my IPad in my hotel in Leipzig.

you're in Leipzig? Any chance you'll be swinging through Lower Saxony while we're in the same country?

Top Bottom