Photos from Jake concert - West Palm Beach, FL

angiec

Reaction score
Here's some of the photos that I took last night at Jake's concert in West Palm Beach. Such an amazing performer and he seems to be a genuinely nice person. I even got my uke autographed. ;)

Jake-1.jpgJake-2.jpgJake-3.jpgJake-4.jpgJake-5.jpg

Nice pics, did you get to meet him after the show?

Great pics. What camera/lens/ISO ?

Thanks everyone! I used a Canon 5D Mark II with a 24-105 L lens. I keep saying that I'm going to invest in a better concert lens but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. Luckily the full frame of the 5D lets me get descent shots with ISO 1600-2000. And yes, I got to meet Jake. After the show, he went into the lobby to sign autographs. He's a very pleasant person.

Nice images. What lens are you thinking about acquiring for future concert shots?

When I photographed Jake for Ukulele Player Magazine, I used Tamron's SP AF28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di lens. I wrote a review of the lens for DSLR-MAG, the digital SLR magazine. http://www.dslr-mag.com/tamron_28-75mm_xr_di.htm (I was shooting from the foot of the stage so short range was all I needed).

Thanks for the reply Pippin and thanks for the link to your review. This lens is in the range that I'm looking. I also shoot from the stage so the focal length works for me as well. I'll certainly keep this lens in mind for my purchase.
I'll be shooting a Joe Bonamassa concert next month so I hope to have something by then. Any other recommendations out there?

Top Bottom