New tune on a sweet old beater....

ukejon

Reaction score
Here is a tribute to Doc Watson played on my Martin Sigma (Japan, ca. 1975) OM model. A $99 dollar beater that sounds amazing after I did some neck adjustments, reset and shaved the bridge, reduced the saddle, shaved the finish and some wood off the neck to make it thinner (yes I did!). This lovely old guitar is about playability and sound, not so much about looks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0O0qTdYeJI&feature=youtu.be

That was a great job. I grew up and live about 35 miles from where Merle Travis was born and grew up. They have a big thumbpickers show and contest every year. It's a pretty big deal around here. I love that sound.

That was wonderful and I'm not much a fan of that kind of music................................BO......................

That was wonderful and I'm not much a fan of that kind of music................................BO......................

I agree. A little bit goes a long way. On the other hand, what Chet and Doc did in terms of arranging tunes is really wonderful and worth emulating. Doesn't mean you have to rigidly do the thunder-thumb picking.....

What a sweet little guitar, and your playing is so nice! I could listen to you play all day. Doc is my first cousin twice removed. I'm sure he'd have loved your tribute.

Nice Played

you are nice guitar player.Please post more videos so i can take help from your videos.

What a sweet little guitar, and your playing is so nice! I could listen to you play all day. Doc is my first cousin twice removed. I'm sure he'd have loved your tribute.

Love the family connection. Doc is considered one of the all-time greats.

Top Bottom