Advertisement for FREE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ukulele Page

Reaction score
Aloha everybody
I am the owner of a ukulele website and have a special offer!!!
All you have to do is post the banner, picture.... of your website and I will post it on my website!!!
So called FREE advertisement!!!
I will not earn any money from your adverts!!!

I hope you are enjoying life!!!
-Ukulele Page

Sounds interesting, but I would like to know more about it. Do you have a url for your site yet?

–Lori

Sounds interesting, but I would like to know more about it. Do you have a url for your site yet?

–Lori

LINK DELETED by mod

Its a subdomain and I will soon make it a .com domain name :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Aloha everybody
I am the owner of a ukulele website and have a special offer!!!
All you have to do is post the banner, picture.... of your website and I will post it on my website!!!
So called FREE advertisement!!!
I will not earn any money from your adverts!!!

I hope you are enjoying life!!!
-Ukulele Page

Nobody interested??? :( :confused: :mad:

Ukulele Page,

Please keep links in your forum signature only. Please also familiarise yourself with the UU rules at http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?14-Ukulele-Underground-Rules
3.1 Please do not post links to your business, or other for-profit website in which you may have an interest, except in your forum signature or in the "Videos and Links" section.

To be honest, using a "mad" emoticon in response to a lack of interest is unlikely to win you many friends or participants. No one is obliged to take up an unexplained offer from a website operator who gives almost no information. If you post again, please give comprehensive information about your site (linking only in your signature) so people know what they're getting into. Further random and uninformative solicitations will be treated as spam and will result in a ban.

We hope you'll take the time to become an active, contributing member.

Thanks for your cooperation and welcome to UU.

Sorry

Ukulele Page,

Please keep links in your forum signature only. Please also familiarise yourself with the UU rules at http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?14-Ukulele-Underground-Rules

To be honest, using a "mad" emoticon in response to a lack of interest is unlikely to win you many friends or participants. No one is obliged to take up an unexplained offer from a website operator who gives almost no information. If you post again, please give comprehensive information about your site (linking only in your signature) so people know what they're getting into. Further random and uninformative solicitations will be treated as spam and will result in a ban.

We hope you'll take the time to become an active, contributing member.

Thanks for your cooperation and welcome to UU.

I' am very sorry!
The mad sign by the way was a mistake!
But anyway my website is a non-profit organization, so feel free to post your advert at any time!
Thanks and sorry,
Edwin
P.S. my website is now in my signature! XD :drool:

website info

Info:
-Website is a non-profit organization for the moment!
-The website is all about Ukuleles and other musical instruments
-The address is in my signature
-Your advert will be posted in the advertisement section
-I will not earn any money from your adverts
-It is simply a chance for you to get your company recognized
-The website will soon be a .com domain
-Advertising is 100% free
-We are looking for a friendly community
-Ads must be appropriate (no age limit)
-Oh and they mustn't be to big!!!
-Please contact me for more information
Thanks Edwin

Thanks for clarifying.

If the non-profit status changes please observe forum rules about promoting commercial interests.

Hi Ukulele Page

Welcome to UU. It is a really great forum full of helpful, friendly people. Just like any new friendships, new members take a bit of time to get to know. It would help if we knew a little bit more about you. What kind of ukulele(s) do you have? If you can add your location to your profile, that helps too.

I think it would be great to have a website that has a one-stop uke shopping window. It is a nice idea, and I would like to see what you think it will look like.

I think if you want participation, you need to show us your website, and I don't see the link yet (go back to your signature settings and make sure you highlight the link tool in the mini menu). If you are more specific on the size of the banners you want, you will also have better luck with responses... "Not too big" is too vague for me to respond to. Give me pixel dimensions, and you will increase your chances of participation.

Good Luck
–Lori

For a "non profit" website, an awfully large proportion of the sitemap seems prepped for sales (and, presumably, making a profit).

Regards

Kahuna
Official UU Cynic

Last edited:
""
Aloha everybody I am the owner of a ukulele website >ukuleleworld.webnode.com<< ""

But are you the owner of u k u l e l e w o r l d . c o m ? Yeah it's a great U R L .

I have no connection to you. My connection to that website is only that I purchased an oo koo lay lee from that website. Maybe you should check with ukuleleworld.com an established business, maybe your d/b/a may have to be revised.

If you don't have permission to use the name of a previously established business, a resolution may be to find another one.

I have nothing but admiration for anyone putting out shingle, good luck and Godspeed!

Last edited:
Friend

For a "non profit" website, an awfully large proportion of the sitemap seems prepped for sales (and, presumably, making a profit).

Regards

Kahuna
Official UU Cynic
Actually my friend made the website for me thinking I wanted to sell ukuleles! XD But know he has taught Me how to edit my website and I have full control of my website! ;) we are actually supposed to be a radio show! But I am still working on that! I hope this helped.

Last edited:
Actually my friend made the website for me thinking I wanted to sell ukuleles! XD But know he has taught Me how to edit my website and I have full control of my website! ;) we are actually supposed to be a radio show! But I am still working on that! I hope this helped.
If you are a radio show and don't want to sell ukuleles your website is completely misleading, you should quickly change the appearance to something else than an empty shop.
Running a website is much much more than simply clicking together some pages with one of the many "build your website from our templates within minutes" toolkits out there. First you need a clear concept (what to present, targetted audience), then contents (real information, not just ideas) - and once you got that established you can start thinking about a layout and start building the actual pages.
Right now it's pretty hard for anybody to imagine what the final product should look like and what you're aiming for.

Sorry - is it just me not getting this? What's the deal here? Free advertising (sure is attractive, but then you know the phrase that starts "if it sounds too good to be true...)

Sorry if that sounds negative, just trying to understand why you would put time and effort into doing this? What's the end game?

You may not have one, and if you are doing it for the love of it, then that is very cool, but also very rare!

Thanks

If you are a radio show and don't want to sell ukuleles your website is completely misleading, you should quickly change the appearance to something else than an empty shop.
Running a website is much much more than simply clicking together some pages with one of the many "build your website from our templates within minutes" toolkits out there. First you need a clear concept (what to present, targetted audience), then contents (real information, not just ideas) - and once you got that established you can start thinking about a layout and start building the actual pages.
Right now it's pretty hard for anybody to imagine what the final product should look like and what you're aiming for.
Ok thanks Louis0815, I really need peoples help. I am totally new to website building. Thanks again!
Edwin :)

Does Brett Mc Queen know you are using his material saying it is Sharon Porters free ebook?

Yes that is certainly Bretts book - why is it being hosted from a page called Sharon Porter? Not cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom