New Ukes Week!

mds725

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
As has been widely rumored, I bought three ukuleles while I was traveling through Hawai'i a few weeks ago. They arrived this week. Here they are, in the order in which I bought them.

1. Mele 8-string long-neck tenor, koa top, mahogany back and sides, bought at Mele on Maui.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Aloha Mark,
Wow the Mele looks awesome.....where is your 8 string kamaka...my jaw just dropped with your purchase of all these amazing ukes...happy strummings bruddah....
now I know what you are doing right now...hee hee

Congrats on your new ukes Mark and thanks for posting pics of them. That eight string Kamaka, Oh my!!!!! :)

In the picture of your KoAlana concert, the sound hole and neck appear to be off center to the body. Is that the case or is it just an optical illusion from the photo?

Congrats on the new purchase, Mark! They look gorgeous!! I know you'll have a lot of fun making music with them :D

Congrats on the new purchase, Mark! They look gorgeous!! I know you'll have a lot of fun making music with them :D

Hi Joey! It's great to see that you're feeling well enough to pop into UU and take the time to check out my new ukes. I hope you're feeling better and that you're able to play at least a little bit while you're recovering. Be well!

Congrats on your new ukes Mark and thanks for posting pics of them. That eight string Kamaka, Oh my!!!!! :)

In the picture of your KoAlana concert, the sound hole and neck appear to be off center to the body. Is that the case or is it just an optical illusion from the photo?

I took that photo at an angle to avoid glare from an overhead light. The label is actually centered in the sound hole. I may try to get another photo later today.

Nice Mark..you must of made MGM happy that day..nothing better than buying some new ukes from The UkuleleSite(aka HMS) i bet you got the best price possible..

just for my info how come you had them sent to you? did you have them setup first?

Nice Mark..you must of made MGM happy that day..nothing better than buying some new ukes from The UkuleleSite(aka HMS) i bet you got the best price possible..

just for my info how come you had them sent to you? did you have them setup first?

Thanks! MGM had a great day, I hope! I also had fun seeing MGM again and the new HMS shop on the North Shore for the first time and, of course, I had mmstan with me as my sage advisor. I had the two ukuleles shipped because shipping was free and it would have cost me another $25 per additional checked bag (and I would have had to check the ukes as luggage, thus risking their safety) to fly them back to the mainland from O'ahu.

I also had the Kamaka I bought on Kaua'i in 2011 shipped back so that I wouldn't have to schlep it around from Kaua'i to O'ahu to the mainland. Shipping was approximately the same cost as flying the uke first to O'ahu and then to the mainland ($25 for each flight). And there was the comfort of my not having to worry about damaging the uke myself (the uke was insured for shipping).

Thanks! MGM had a great day, I hope! I also had fun seeing MGM again and the new HMS shop on the North Shore for the first time and, of course, I had mmstan with me as my sage advisor. I had the two ukuleles shipped because shipping was free and it would have cost me another $25 per additional checked bag (and I would have had to check the ukes as luggage, thus risking their safety) to fly them back to the mainland from O'ahu.

I also had the Kamaka I bought on Kaua'i in 2011 shipped back so that I wouldn't have to schlep it around from Kaua'i to O'ahu to the mainland. Shipping was approximately the same cost as flying the uke first to O'ahu and then to the mainland ($25 for each flight). And there was the comfort of my not having to worry about damaging the uke myself (the uke was insured for shipping).

Hey Mark thanks..
i am moving back to Oahu in Jan 2013..i already sent one of my ukes back to Hawaii via the Post Office..it got there no problems>> how did you have your ukes shipped?.. in 1 big box or all seperate boxes? next time you come out to Oahu maybe i can tag along with you and Stan i should have most of my ukes by then Ha ha.. and you can stop and see um....i live on the way to Haleiwa..(my dream part time job would be working with MGM at The Ukulele Site)

Lol

Yo Bruddah Mark,
Am diggng the new ukes, especially the Mele. What size nut is it, width wise? Congrats on all your ukes and yes, hanging with Bruddah Stan is cool......................BO...................

Congrats on 3 beautiful instruments Mark. They're all quite stunning in their own way, understated elegance. Enjoy them brother. :)

that's a lot ukes on one week trip. Congrats !

Top Bottom