Surprise Ukulele

bodhran

Reaction score
Have had the good fortune to be given a Vintage solid electric ukulele model number VUKE1 as a present.

Having a tendency to wake up at about 3:00 am I had been wanting a solid bodied ukulele so that i can practice at stupid o'clock in the morning without disturbing others.

OK - it is probably the cheapest solid bodied electric available but actually its not bad for what i want it for. The strings it came with were a little on the dire side so I changed them for some Aquilas I had as spares and that has improved things a lot. The action is about the right height for my tastes/playing style and the intonation (as checked using my Snark) is not bad - not perfect but very playable. It has a pickup under the bridge with volume and tone controls located on the top of the body. I don't yet posses an amplifier so I have only played it once using an amp but it sounded ok with no problems that my novice's ears could detect.

It is a nice looking instrument and the sunburst finish is attractive.

Funny how the ukulele collection is growing..............................

Enjoy it fella!

Congrats on the new uke...I know what you mean when you like to play early in the morning and you want a quiet uke so you don't disturb others...ha ha
I am the same way....happy strummings...

Congratulations! One of my friends has a peanut, and she loves it! She can play it anywhere.

Top Bottom