Brazilian Rosewood Concert Uke for Sale

This is the one I reviewed. It's one of the best ukuleles I've ever played--definitely the best concert I've ever played.

It's definitely something I am considering at the moment.. just that I need to wait for my check :) Hope it stays until I have all the money in hand. Btw a question is, Kris are you willing to ship it outside of CONUS? I am in a US territory, USPS considers my address a domestic address, not a foreign one so you wouldn't have issue sending rosewood instrument over.

Beautiful ukulele! Is that stunning light stripe in the back the sapwood part of the rosewood?

Thanks for the interest in the uke! I really appreciate it. The light streak in the center is sapwood. I thought it would add a nice element to the finished product.I always strive for simple elegance when designing the instruments. I fell in love with this piece of wood and wanted her to speak for herself. I think the high gloss finish really accentuates the figure in the wood.

I can ship outside the CONUSA with no problem, especially if it is a US territory. Thanks for asking before bidding ogah.

Thank you for your inquiries and please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. Good luck and happy bidding!

Not that I have the funds to contemplate purchasing this work of art. But, the bridge confuses me. I don't see where the strings are tied. How does that piece of wood below the bridge function?

No pins, no ties. What kind of voodoo is this?

Just in case Kris doesn't answer, I think it's the same kind of bridge that Eric Devine uses. Take a look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO0Kj24E_co

Not that I have the funds to contemplate purchasing this work of art. But, the bridge confuses me. I don't see where the strings are tied. How does that piece of wood below the bridge function?

No pins, no ties. What kind of voodoo is this?

Ha ha...it is black magic kiel9! I had to collect a lot of chicken bones and incense for the strings to stay like that. Or, if you are not into the dark arts you can simply thread them through the bridge and tie them through the soundhole. The lower part of the bridge is the coloration of the wood (sapwood). Nothing too crazy I hope.

Last edited:
Ha ha...it is black magic kiel9! I had to collect a lot of chicken bones and incense for the strings to stay like that. Or, if you are not into the dark arts you can simply thread them through the bridge and tie them through the soundhole. The lower part of the bridge is the coloration of the wood (sapwood). Nothing too crazy I hope.

Is this the first one you built, from a few months ago? I think the body wood and bridge on this one are a little different.

It's different--I have played both. This one is even better than that one--they sound different--this one is more ukulele-like in sound.

Is this the first one you built, from a few months ago? I think the body wood and bridge on this one are a little different.

Hi, we are seriously thinking about buying the uke. I have questions about the Braz Rosewood, what type of documentation do you need for the age and where you purchased the rosewood? I 'm not sure but I believe folks on the Martin Forum discussing legal documents needed when purchasing Braz rosewood.

Thanks, jack crowder

Hi Jack,

Luckily the uke sold on ebay (the mortgage company will be thrilled), but I have a stunning koa concert on the way. This one is a bit more traditional in appearance as it does not have a tailpiece or elevated fingerboard. Should be a stunner when it is finished. Here are some in-progress photos.

IMAG0096.jpg
IMAG0132.jpg

wow, that is some mighty fine koa--i hope you post pics and sound samples when it's done--this is going to be great

Hi Jack,

Luckily the uke sold on ebay (the mortgage company will be thrilled), but I have a stunning koa concert on the way. This one is a bit more traditional in appearance as it does not have a tailpiece or elevated fingerboard. Should be a stunner when it is finished. Here are some in-progress photos.

View attachment 45146
View attachment 45147

ShakaSign, ogah, slackkey, and jack crowder...i tried replying via PM but I don't think it worked. You can just email me at kristopher10@hotmail.com if you still want info on the uke (s). Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks to everyone for the overwhelming response to the koa uke. It has found a loving home and willl be delivered in about 2 weeks. Maybe the parent will do a review ;) ?

I am working on a website now that will indicate all pricing and specs and will feature a gallery with the available options. The current base price is $1000. Custom orders for tenors and concerts are now being taken. You can make the uke as simple or as crazy as you desire. Each instrument is entirely handmade and 100% customizable. Feel free to send an email or give me a call to discuss the details of a custom uke. I do not have a very long waiting list at the moment so now is the time to order.

Thanks again everyone!

Top Bottom