FS: 3G Koa Concert

Status
Not open for further replies.

provines

Reaction score
Now on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110982002846

Please note that the strings in the photos are not the Kala Pearls I just put on.
I did post this earlier but decided to hold on it for a little while longer while I fiddled with the intonation. Intonation Update: I just put on a set of Low G Kala Pearls. Amazing strings. I never cared much for low G but it works on this uke using these strings. The intonation is still a little sharp. It could use a compensated saddle to move the bridge down a tad but I can't find one for a concert uke and don't have the time right now to fiddle with trying to make one. My luthier skills are not that good. Well, actually, pretty poor.

Back to the original ad:
I have a beautiful 3G Woodworks concert Koa uke for sale. It originally came with a bone saddle but the action was way to high so I sanded it down..... to much..... and had to toss the original saddle. So I made a copper saddle just for fun and the action is just right. This uke still needs some intonation work. I've been getting around it by tuning every string down a few cents and it works but it isn't perfect. The photos disguise a little white residue, I guess you'd call it, hidden in the seams and the grooves of the grain left from the finish formula. If you hold it in the right light, you can see it. I tossed that fact in for you perfectionists :) It is a lovely uke. The grain spoke to me. So here it is..... It was originally listed at $450.00 but Garrett worked with me on the price. I bought it for $400.00 Thanks for looking. email me dprovines@provines or PM me here.

Oh, the specs:

Soundboard: Curly Koa

Fretboard: Mahogany

Back & Sides: Curly Koa

Fretboard Inlay: Paua Abalone

Binding: Ziricote

Nut & Saddle: Bone / Copper

Neck: Mahogany

Tuners: Grover 14:1 Geared

Bridge: Curly Koa

Head Veneer: Curly Koa

IMG_1587.jpgIMG_8666.jpgIMG_8663.jpgIMG_8664.jpgIMG_8665.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_8667.jpgIMG_8668.jpgIMG_8669.jpgIMG_8670.jpgIMG_8671.jpg

More photos..... Note that the original saddle is shown but look for the copper one. That is what is on it now.

photo.jpgphoto (2).jpg

Here are the copper saddle pics.

Attachments

• IMG_8672.jpg
    IMG_8672.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 33
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom