PDA

View Full Version : Another Gently Weeps Cover!

trizzle333
11-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Hey everyone, it's been a long time since I've recorded or posted anything. I've been playing uke for about 6 years now and I owe most of my beginnings to this site. So, I figured I'd post a rough video I took today of me playing one of the songs that really got my into playing the uke. I know my cover is one of a million or so out there, but here is what I got. Comments and criticisms are both welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY2I__o-p38&feature=youtu.be

also, more videos should hopefully pop up in the next month or so. Thanks for being a great place for ukulele players UU!

itsme
11-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Wow, you certainly have mad skillz and are a fine player. I'm jealous. :o

My only criticism (if you can call it that) is that it's "yet another" cover of Jake's cover. Jake covered the Beatles tune, but he made it uniquely his own thru his own style. You are just emulating Jake's arrangement.

Honestly, I think you're really talented. I would encourage you to try working on some of your own arrangements of songs you like. Give them your slant and don't just try to copy what someone else has already done.

ukeofcarl
11-10-2012, 11:06 PM
What a way to bring somebody down there, itsme.

blue_knight_usa
11-11-2012, 05:48 AM
Trizzle333 you did an awesome job. Most people can't even play this in it's entirety, so great job!

Markr1
11-11-2012, 06:10 AM
Great job Trizzle!! No need for any kind of criticism here. You can do anyone's songs you want and 99% of us out here in the ukulele world are going to enjoy them.

ukeofcarl
11-11-2012, 06:40 AM
I've never learnt this but am inspired to now. Thank you!

ukemunga
11-11-2012, 10:04 AM
Dude, you can PLAY. And I never say "dude." And it appears you've got a helluva span in that left hand. I should be so blessed.

itsme
11-11-2012, 11:50 AM
What a way to bring somebody down there, itsme.
It wasn't meant as a putdown at all and I apologize to trizzle if it came across that way. He has a lot of talent and could play rings around me. I just wanted to encourage him to explore his own talents further. :)