Pictures from UkeFestVA

strummin'&hummin'

Reaction score
https://plus.google.com/photos/115798300793310819948/albums/5807687340716646833

I attended UkeFestVA (http://www.ukefestva.com) this past weekend, November 2-3, 2012, in Glen Allen, VA for their very first annual UkeFest. It was great. I took some classes including one with Thomas Wakefield on how to create your own tablature for melodies and two with Cathy Fink including one on fingerpicking. The workshops were great and the concerts were awesome. I'm very shy in real life and the only one I really met was Mim from Mim's Ukuleles (very sweet to answer all of my beginner questions BTW!).

P.S. I didn't know if this was the right place for this or not. Mods please feel free to move it if it's not.

So good to meet you too! Wish I could have talked to you longer. It is always a swirl on days like that, but I loved your little uke! It was a lot of fun talking to you!

I dont get to get out of the vendor room, but my highlight was meeting Warren who is like, THE COOLEST, and has the COOLEST vintage ukes and he sold me an Maccaferri Islander which I am totally addicted to and is something I have been looking for, for quite some time! And also as I was packing up bantering with Drew from Lanikai and talking about everything from the business to trick or treating. They have some interesting things in the works, but I am sworn to secrecy! Oh, and the waffle house with JD, David, Gordon and Debbie and getting a poi ball tutorial (though i forgot to buy a set. Meant to get it from Levi... will have to get her to make some orange ones for me)

It was well organized, a great fest, you would never know it was their first year, and it was FULL of Aloha!!!

Plan on going next year yall! You wont regret it!

So good to meet you too! Wish I could have talked to you longer. It is always a swirl on days like that, but I loved your little uke! It was a lot of fun talking to you!
Aw, me too! Thanks for the compliment on my little Applause - I've nicknamed it "The Eggplant!" :) I hope we'll meet again sometime and I definitely know I'll be doing business with you - I was so impressed with all the time and attention you give each uke you set up. Awesome!

Cool to see some photos. I haven't been inside the building since 2nd grade 30+ years ago. Maybe next year I can try to make it. My sister's and folks all still live close by.

I dont get to get out of the vendor room, but my highlight was meeting Warren who is like, THE COOLEST, and has the COOLEST vintage ukes and he sold me an Maccaferri Islander which I am totally addicted to and is something I have been looking for, for quite some time! And also as I was packing up bantering with Drew from Lanikai and talking about everything from the business to trick or treating. They have some interesting things in the works, but I am sworn to secrecy! Oh, and the waffle house with JD, David, Gordon and Debbie and getting a poi ball tutorial (though i forgot to buy a set. Meant to get it from Levi... will have to get her to make some orange ones for me)

It was well organized, a great fest, you would never know it was their first year, and it was FULL of Aloha!!!

Plan on going next year yall! You wont regret it!

Mim, we were very pleased with our UkeFest. It was good meeting you there. Ron Gentry and I will be taking Warren's vintage ukes back to him soon. It was very generous of him to let us use them for our display. Our planning committee will be meeting in a couple of weeks for a debriefing and start to chart the course for our 2nd UkeFest Virginia next year. We will try and make it even bigger and better. Hope you will be with us again next year.

Mahalo,

Ron Miller
River City Ukulele Society

Top Bottom