Two questions one uke!

Joe90

Reaction score
Right ive found a deal on a kala ukadelic soprano. Its around half the uk retail price but...

Am i paying the extra ontop of say a makala dolphin just for the paint job? Or will it be a better quality uke over all do you think?

Secondly its a factory blem. The blem being a slightly twisted neck. Is this fixable or worth fixing even?

I ask this as im looking for a new beater Uke in the 40 gbp range. Something a little better than my makala dolphin thats showing signs of wear at the bridge now.
Any other suggestions are also welcome. Thanks joe

Last edited:
I believe the ukadelic is a slightly better ukulele. (all laminate, no plastic).
A twisted neck would be a red flag for me, even for a beater.
I would look for either another dolphin, or better yet something used.
I use dolphins as that uke I will carry anywhere and let anyone play.
At the price they sell I can easily replace it as often as needed.

The "slightly twisted neck" part would scare me off. Don't know if something like that is fixable but I'm no authority.

RUn, run, run away! I'm a real fan of blems but a "slightly twisted neck" is not a blem, it is kindling. A twisted neck will never have good action or intonation and, if it has twisted some, it is extremely likely to twist even more.

For the record ukudelics are half the weight, and come with aquila strings as standard, plus a slightly nicer gig bag, defineatly a better quality ukulele.

But stuffed up necks are not worth it, the reason dolphins are so good for the price is the necks tend to be accurate with good intonation

Cheers and good luck

Cliff

Shame really as i would have liked it for that price. Thanks for the heads up, ill carry on searching i guess

The difference between a blemish and a twisted neck is like the difference between a scratch on a car door and a warped axle. As others have said, run away from anything that is not merely cosmetic but instead could affect the functionality of the instrument, like a slightly twisted neck.

Top Bottom