ukulele-tabs.com - blocked in the UK?

filipinouker

Reaction score
Not sure if this question has been asked before (if so, sorry...)...

Why is ukulele-tabs.com blocked in the UK? Every time i do a google search for ukulele chords, ukulele-hunt.com is always high on the list and i feel frustrated not being able to enjoy whatever it is that's blocked (makes me more curious :) )

Is there a way to access it from the UK?

Ta so much to anyone who can enlighten me.

Last edited:
Not sure if this question has been asked before (if so, sorry...)...

Why is ukulele-tabs.com blocked in the UK? Every time i do a google search for ukulele chords, ukulele-hunt.com is always high on the list and i feel frustrated not being able to enjoy whatever it is that's blocked (makes me more curious :) )

Is there a way to access it from the UK?

Ta so much to anyone who can enlighten me.

Ah. You wrote ukulele-hunt in this post.

Isn't ukulele-tabs supposd to be a mediocre chord site anyway? No tabs, just chord sheets that you can find on Ultimte Guitar? Or am I confusing it with something else?

Access is fine from Ireland, and i think i have the website app on my phone in the uk? this is from www.ukulele-tabs.com faq:

Why are the tab/chord pages blocked in my country ?

In a few countries, the national copyright laws are very restrictive.
If you want to learn more about it, you can visit IP Watchlist.

It's blocked in UK due to copyright action from UK lawyers. If you use a proxy site you can visit it though

Ah. You wrote ukulele-hunt in this post.

Yes - my mistake. I really meant ukulele-tab.com

Isn't ukulele-tabs supposd to be a mediocre chord site anyway? No tabs, just chord sheets that you can find on Ultimte Guitar? Or am I confusing it with something else?

That's what i don't know - every time i google a song for the uke, ukulele-tabs.com always comes up but i can never access stuff from it.

Last edited:
It's blocked in UK due to copyright action from UK lawyers. If you use a proxy site you can visit it though

Ah! Ok. That's v.helpful BazMaz. Next question is how to use a proxy site - sounds highly technical :confused: Perhaps i'll google it :)

If you use Firefox (and if you don't, you can install it just for this purpose) you can install an addon called "Modify headers".

This will allow you to create an X-Forwarded-For with an IP address on a US subnet (I use 12.13.14.254). This will fool any site you visit into thinking you're in the USA. I use it for watching The Colbert Report, although it also works for the pile of junk that is ukulele-tabs.com.

If you use Firefox (and if you don't, you can install it just for this purpose) you can install an addon called "Modify headers". This will allow you to create an X-Forwarded-For with an IP address on a US subnet (I use 12.13.14.254). This will fool any site you visit into thinking you're in the USA.

How exciting! Thanks BigKahuna for the technical advice.

... although it also works for the pile of junk that is ukulele-tabs.com.

;) That's useful too! I won't be so curious about it now!

Not sure it is worth your bother. I actually just joined, to explore it further, but I'm not that impressed. Checked two songs in my repertory and found that despite the promise of FULL (chords & Tabs) there was just a list of chords (that didn't work) and they must have had so much hassle from the copyright Mafia that the lyrics were reduced to a line of XXXXXs below the chord changes. Not impressed.

If anyone knows a reliable Proxy Site (no spam, no bots, etc) I'd love to know, because then I could watch the BBC Iplayer ;-)

PS I wrote this without checking the latest post. I'll have to check TBK's Firefox idea out! Sounds interesting!

Last edited:
When I want to use ukulele tabs I use a site called Hide My Ass!

Ps Barbablanca - through a proxy or not you will still get the xxxxx for lyrics.

I always thought that came about due to US copyright action but was discussing with site owners recently, it wasn't - it too was due to a UK action.

It all stinks. Don't they realise that someone learning to play a song on a uke means there is a reasonable chance said person will go and buy the original to help them learn?

I am regularly buying mp3 files for my wife who is learning to play in car so she gets feel for songs she wants to play on uke. The fact she prints off copyrighted lyrics is making her (or rather, me) buy the music!!

Baz, I thought as a "member" they would lose the XXXXs - but not so.

I am only interested in Proxy Facilities for accessing the Iplayer. I'd love to be able to watch BBC Progs when I want to watch them. Not possible in Catalonia "legally".

I also agree with you about Tabs and lyrics stimulating people to purchase or at least consume music. The copyright Mafia are just so stuck in the golden age of sheet music (and later LPs) that they can't see the wood for the trees.

I always see such sites as the equivalent of a mate who has learned how to play a tune sitting down and showing you how to do it. No reasonable person would expect there to be royalties involved.

The millions of people who play for fun at home will never directly generate a penny for that greedy Mafia. Yet, if they enjoy the music, they'll go see the bands, buy the CDs, etc. Plus many will have collections of songbooks already.

It's a bit like the old "Taping will kill music" arguments. I'd buy LPs of bands I couldn't do without and tape albums by artists I was open to listening to, but not fanatical about. It all worked out. I'd never have bought the albums by the bands I didn't want to have in my album collection. However, years later I am slowly acquiring legal MP3 downloads of those albums I taped that I grew to love. The Mafia's lack of flexibility and common sense just cannot see these indirect benefits! :deadhorse:

there was a way to get there...someone posted along time back....use the search bar and try to find it...
Found it...here it is... ta da
Or go to the website http://zend2.com

In the box where it says "Enter URL:" type in www.ukulele-tabs.com and hit enter;

Browse unrestricted, non blocked tabs till you're uking heart's content!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom