Kanile'a factory featured in new Eddie Vedder video

bynapkinart

Reaction score
I always liked this song, and the video for it looks like it's shot at the Kanile'a factory! Very cool, short and sweet! Say what you will about EV, I know he's not everyone's favorite (I like him), he's doing some great things for ukes and Hawaiian-made ukes specifically.

Cool Video! Funny...he plays DeVine ukulele...maybe Kanile'a too, but I have only seen him playing DeVines...the one at the end is a DeVine with the offset hole (it looks like one of Eric's Tenors with the flower sound hole) on the front and regular sound hole on the top shoulder.

I've seen him playing loads of brands...the DeVine, a Pono, Ko'olau, this Kanile'a, a couple Kamakas, three or four Mya-Moes, at least a couple Martins...I mean, he has quite a bit of money to throw around and if I did I wouldn't want just one, even if it is a DeVine. I bet even Eric has a few that are not his! I would love to see him write or be interviewed extensively about the ukulele. I saw a pretty good article in Fretboard Journal this summer, but it covered everything and focused a bunch on his vintage guitars.

I've seen him playing loads of brands...the DeVine, a Pono, Ko'olau, this Kanile'a, a couple Kamakas, three or four Mya-Moes, at least a couple Martins...I mean, he has quite a bit of money to throw around and if I did I wouldn't want just one, even if it is a DeVine. I bet even Eric has a few that are not his! I would love to see him write or be interviewed extensively about the ukulele. I saw a pretty good article in Fretboard Journal this summer, but it covered everything and focused a bunch on his vintage guitars.

Willing to bet Uke manufactures throw instruments at him for free

Nice video it's good to see what is involved in making the ukes.
The music is great as well.

Let's not forget the Earnest Instruments tele he has as well. But yeah, great vid. I know there's lots of herp-derping about him by uke players, but when they go at it, it just sounds like "Herp-derp." Uke is the only instrument where people are so insecure as to rant and rave when someone they don't like plays it.

Thanks, really cool video.

...Herp-derp

Let's not forget the Earnest Instruments tele he has as well. But yeah, great vid. I know there's lots of herp-derping about him by uke players, but when they go at it, it just sounds like "Herp-derp." Uke is the only instrument where people are so insecure as to rant and rave when someone they don't like plays it.

are my eyes playing up or does he pull out the devine ukulele from the back of his car, with out a case? i'd be stressing about damaging such a uke!!

Cliff

My understanding is that he paid for his Mya-Moe - he's just that kind of guy. That is, he does not take advantage of his lofty place in the music industry to get freebies.

I enjoyed the video, thanks for posting.

are my eyes playing up or does he pull out the devine ukulele from the back of his car, with out a case? i'd be stressing about damaging such a uke!!

Cliff

Oh jeez, I watched again and it looks like you're right! I'm guessing it's that kind of mileage that landed that uke back in Eric's shop after only 8 years of ownership.

Top Bottom